Third Annual Quidditch World Cup Event Due this Month at Middlebury College

Fans
October 06, 2009, 04:56 PM

Calling all Quidditch fans. Great news today as the Third Annual Quidditch World Cup event is due to take place again on October 25th at Middlebury College in Vermont. According to the Facebook page for the event "26 teams from around the country and beyond will compete for the title in a field that includes Washington University, Oklahoma State, and the University of Texas. Tournament play will be double elimination on three fields across Battell Beach." The full list of teams competing will be released shortly. For more, be sure sure to check out this website, or follow all the action on their Twitter here. This event is always quite popular and we will update with more when we can!

Thanks to Emily and Trish for owling!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

OMG! that sounds like so much fun!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on October 06, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Image

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUT I CAN’T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Posted by magicmaniac on October 06, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__2__professor_sprout_slughorn_mcgonagall_flitwick_cartoon_thumb

I didn’t know you could play Quidditch in real life.
How do you fly on a broomstick?

Posted by NipintheAir on October 06, 2009, 05:44 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

i hope they put it online so we can watch, sounds cool.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on October 06, 2009, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Telephone_booth_thumb

Haha! This just made my day. Absolutly amazing :)

Posted by LiveLaughLove on October 06, 2009, 06:10 PM report to moderator
Patronus_part_2_004_thumb

that’s so cool!

Posted by skiving snackboxes on October 06, 2009, 06:13 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Wow 26 teams!!!!!!! I can’t wait to hear about it!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 06, 2009, 06:26 PM report to moderator
100_1923_thumb

This sounds like so much fun!!

Posted by PygmyPuff85 on October 06, 2009, 06:41 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

that sounds like a lot of fun

Posted by madcap magician {ROAR!} on October 06, 2009, 06:54 PM report to moderator

If you are in the NYC area, check out HP-NYC: The Group That Shall Not Be Named. We have a monthly Quidditch match in Riverside park!

www.hp-nyc.com

Posted by TGTSNBN on October 06, 2009, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Darkside_thumb

: D

Posted by Esmeralda.ROARღ on October 06, 2009, 08:40 PM report to moderator
Snape--52925_thumb

I actually got this link via twitter right after I finished at Quidditch Practice at my school (and I shared it with my teammates). We’re going to the cup and training super hard, since we just formed last April (although our Captain went to the second annual World Cup). I’m SO PUMPED!! Can’t wait to get up there :D

Posted by AwesomeOpossum on October 06, 2009, 08:43 PM report to moderator
Downsized_0124001234a_thumb

AHHH!!
Something that is actually NEAR me!
Nothing ever comes up my way [:
I reallllly want to go.

Posted by Olivia Elaine a.k.a Agent Pomplamoose on October 06, 2009, 08:47 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

Jealous….I tried to make a Quidditch team at my school but NO! :P I hate Gayside…..

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on October 06, 2009, 09:35 PM report to moderator

OMG! That’s AWESOME! I just wish that my school had a team!

Posted by myecotopia on October 06, 2009, 09:36 PM report to moderator

"Not a wizard, eh? Never made things happen when you was scared or angry?"...[br]Harry looked back at Hagrid, smiling, and saw that Hagrid was positively beaming at him.[br]"See?" said Hagrid. "Harry Potter, not a wizard -- you wait, you'll be right famou