Report: JK Rowling "working on something, but it's not Harry Potter"

J.K. Rowling
October 05, 2009, 05:40 PM

There is a new article today regarding author J.K. Rowling and her next piece of literature. The Telegraph is reporting that at a recent fashion week showing, Jo "bid for three tickets to see Stella McCartney’s Paris show at a Gala Auction in London, in June, to raise funds for the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation, and bought along two friends." JKR is next quoted as saying “I’m working on something, but it’s not Harry Potter,” she said. “I need a Harry break.” Readers will recall of course we recently heard directly from the author as well via her official Twitter where she said "pen and paper are her priority" at the moment. We do not know what she is working on alas, and will update should there be any further developments.

On a related note, a press release was issued noting that DQE, a leading animation, gaming and entertainment production and global distribution group, has awarded J.K. Rowling with a lifetime achievement award "for her outstanding contribution towards children entertainment."  It continues "J.K Rowling is the author and creator of the Harry Potter fantasy series. The esteemed jury were almost unanimous in their choice of J.K. Rowling - who has inspired the minds of millions of people around the world, and has given rise to a whole new generation of young readers. The Potter books have gained worldwide attention; won multiple awards, sold more than 400 million copies and a string of films have been produced based on the series. Presented in Cannes, "Mr. Josh Berger, President and MD Warner Brothers Entertainment UK received the Award on behalf of J.K. Rowling."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Lawgcav_thumb

I’d like to see her write something for a more adult audience; that’d be interesting.

Posted by Atticus on October 06, 2009, 10:36 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

Excellent, I wander what it could be about!

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on October 06, 2009, 11:02 PM report to moderator
M005_edited-1_thumb

I wonder what the story’s about… No doubt, it’s gonna be a big hit… again.

Posted by ginevrapotter07 on October 06, 2009, 11:15 PM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

I’m glad she’s writing. I’m sure it will be great and I can’t wait to read it, but I wish it was harry potter-related!

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on October 06, 2009, 11:17 PM report to moderator
December_loadoff_087_thumb

.. I’m sure what ever JK writes it will be a joy to read..
Looking forward to it ..
Go JK ..
woop woop

Posted by Bella'love ^HISS^ on October 07, 2009, 12:03 AM report to moderator
26097981_thumb

I’ll read anything she writes, even if it isn’t Harry Potter. Can’t wait :D

Posted by jenge {Meredith Mooncloud} ~ [ITC!] on October 07, 2009, 12:19 AM report to moderator
Royaltyofnarniaavie3_thumb

Yay, that makes me happy!! Thanks Jo, keep on writing!! And I’m not worrying about the Scottish Book, it will come… eventually… right? (Please Jo, don’t forget about it)

Posted by lollifant on October 07, 2009, 01:03 AM report to moderator

What ever Jo writes it will be top of the line and maybe it will be more than one book.

Posted by HGROSS44 on October 07, 2009, 02:06 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

I am very excited to read what has come from her imagination!! Knowing Potter, it should be great fun!!

Posted by JessSnape on October 07, 2009, 02:27 AM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

I wish it was Harry Potter, but I understand needing a break from it. I’ll probably read whatever she writes.

Posted by Figment on October 07, 2009, 02:40 AM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

I’m curious…if she writes anything more adult, she’ll probably need to use a pen name so that “kids” (broadly defined) don’t buy it.

Posted by budb on October 07, 2009, 02:48 AM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

Much as I cannot WAIT for The Scottish Book, it will be amazing to read something else by Jo!

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on October 07, 2009, 03:23 AM report to moderator

It’s good to hear she’s working on something, even if it’s not Harry Potter

Posted by Smonocco on October 07, 2009, 03:34 AM report to moderator

“I need a Harry break.”

A break, not a goodbye.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on October 07, 2009, 04:05 AM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

congrats on the award

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on October 07, 2009, 04:52 AM report to moderator

"Harry," said Ron, giggling weakly, lurching forward, seizing the front of Harry's robes and gazing at him with unfocused eyes. "There you are... Ha ha ha... You look funny, Harry... You're all messed up..."[br]Ron's face was very white and something dark