Report: JK Rowling "working on something, but it's not Harry Potter"

J.K. Rowling
October 05, 2009, 05:40 PM

There is a new article today regarding author J.K. Rowling and her next piece of literature. The Telegraph is reporting that at a recent fashion week showing, Jo "bid for three tickets to see Stella McCartney’s Paris show at a Gala Auction in London, in June, to raise funds for the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation, and bought along two friends." JKR is next quoted as saying “I’m working on something, but it’s not Harry Potter,” she said. “I need a Harry break.” Readers will recall of course we recently heard directly from the author as well via her official Twitter where she said "pen and paper are her priority" at the moment. We do not know what she is working on alas, and will update should there be any further developments.

On a related note, a press release was issued noting that DQE, a leading animation, gaming and entertainment production and global distribution group, has awarded J.K. Rowling with a lifetime achievement award "for her outstanding contribution towards children entertainment."  It continues "J.K Rowling is the author and creator of the Harry Potter fantasy series. The esteemed jury were almost unanimous in their choice of J.K. Rowling - who has inspired the minds of millions of people around the world, and has given rise to a whole new generation of young readers. The Potter books have gained worldwide attention; won multiple awards, sold more than 400 million copies and a string of films have been produced based on the series. Presented in Cannes, "Mr. Josh Berger, President and MD Warner Brothers Entertainment UK received the Award on behalf of J.K. Rowling."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Khephran_thumb

Hooray, i posted about it on my blog after reading this, you can leave a comment about what you think it might be…
please vote in the poll and comment on it. I’m super excited!
(also, please leave feedback on my blog, i just started it)

Posted by Khephran on October 06, 2009, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Potterpuffsi010-vi_thumb

Wow… I wonder what she is writing about!

Posted by siriuslysirius11 {*SQUEE*} on October 06, 2009, 01:46 PM report to moderator
Dsc05228_thumb

she said that she was working on some sort of childrens political story in her interview in “A Year in the Life of J.K. Rowling”

Posted by ProfKnight on October 06, 2009, 01:47 PM report to moderator

yayyyy finally!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by i.heart.harry. [ROAR!] on October 06, 2009, 01:49 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts_monty_python_thumb

Congrats on her award!!! I’m so proud haha!!!
And I heard that her next book is a “political fairy-tale” or something of the sort….anybody have any idea what that means???

Posted by nevertickleasleepingdragon on October 06, 2009, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

I wonder if its the Scottish book? i still want more harry though! =(

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on October 06, 2009, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_stills_0001_thumb

I’ll read anything she writes.
but when she says that she needs “a harry break” it makes me wonder that she might go back to HP! i have my fingers crossed and cannot wait for the Scottish Book

Posted by HPandtheDA007 on October 06, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator
028_25a_thumb

As long as she’s still writing!!!!! I’ll read it!

Posted by marymackie on October 06, 2009, 02:41 PM report to moderator
Darkside_thumb

Oh yes! As much as I wish that she would make a Marauder’s Prequel, Im sure I will devour what ever she put out!!!

Posted by Esmeralda.ROARღ on October 06, 2009, 02:43 PM report to moderator
Hufflepufftie_thumb

Maybe it’s that “political fairy tale” that she mentioned near the release of DH…

Posted by Scarlette on October 06, 2009, 02:49 PM report to moderator
Asha_and_caleb_thumb

I’m happy for her, but I can’t see myself reading it. She made me care about those characters in Hary Potter. I can’t see myself investing that much emotion in other characters. I must be getting old :-)

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on October 06, 2009, 03:15 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

it is cool that she is doing different this than potter and i wonder whats it is going to b

Posted by alicia00 on October 06, 2009, 03:54 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Whatever she is writing, I cannot wait to read it!

Posted by Kirk on October 06, 2009, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Whatever it is that she is writing, I cannot wait to read it!

Posted by Kirk on October 06, 2009, 04:04 PM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

I am happy that she said this. Finally, proof of what I have been saying forever. There were so many delusional people saying that Jo is writing the HP book now and were expecting it to be published in the next year or two. They were completely ignoring everything Jo previously stated.

Posted by Miss Freewind on October 06, 2009, 04:17 PM report to moderator

"First Hogsmeade weekend," said Ron, pointing at a notice that had appeared on the battered old bulletin board. "End of October. Halloween."[br]"Excellent," said Fred, who had followed Harry through the portrait hole. "I need to visit Zonko's. I'm nearly

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014