Report: JK Rowling "working on something, but it's not Harry Potter"

J.K. Rowling
October 05, 2009, 05:40 PM

There is a new article today regarding author J.K. Rowling and her next piece of literature. The Telegraph is reporting that at a recent fashion week showing, Jo "bid for three tickets to see Stella McCartney’s Paris show at a Gala Auction in London, in June, to raise funds for the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation, and bought along two friends." JKR is next quoted as saying “I’m working on something, but it’s not Harry Potter,” she said. “I need a Harry break.” Readers will recall of course we recently heard directly from the author as well via her official Twitter where she said "pen and paper are her priority" at the moment. We do not know what she is working on alas, and will update should there be any further developments.

On a related note, a press release was issued noting that DQE, a leading animation, gaming and entertainment production and global distribution group, has awarded J.K. Rowling with a lifetime achievement award "for her outstanding contribution towards children entertainment."  It continues "J.K Rowling is the author and creator of the Harry Potter fantasy series. The esteemed jury were almost unanimous in their choice of J.K. Rowling - who has inspired the minds of millions of people around the world, and has given rise to a whole new generation of young readers. The Potter books have gained worldwide attention; won multiple awards, sold more than 400 million copies and a string of films have been produced based on the series. Presented in Cannes, "Mr. Josh Berger, President and MD Warner Brothers Entertainment UK received the Award on behalf of J.K. Rowling."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Hbp_movie_thumb

Too cool, I understand completly that she needs a little break from Harry (little, hopefully) and I am really excited to see whatever new writing she has been working on. and for the award, it is most definitely deserved, Way to go Jo!

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on October 06, 2009, 11:07 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I love her writing style and I’m looking forward to reading something else by her. To me she is a genius in the field of writing and I feel that creative writers can learn a lot from her writing style.

Posted by molly43 on October 06, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

whatever she writes will be brilliant!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on October 06, 2009, 11:17 AM report to moderator
Downsized_0124001234a_thumb

I am perfectly fine with whatever Jo wants to write as long as she keeps writing [:

Posted by Olivia Elaine a.k.a Agent Pomplamoose on October 06, 2009, 11:21 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Can’t wait to see what she is “brewing up”!

Posted by Won_Two on October 06, 2009, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Lianne_2_thumb

I wonder if she’ll publish the book under her name. I thought I read something awhile back about JK possibly publishing her next book under a completely different name.

Wonder if we’ll recognize her writing. I think I can. :)

Posted by ane_drew on October 06, 2009, 12:03 PM report to moderator
Weasleys-da_small_thumb

um………..huh……………………….i just feel left out…..as a HP representative…..

but yea, i hope it’s a whole new intense world she can open up to ………

still sadden, however…………will always want MORE HARRY !!!!!!!

Posted by just another weasley ROAR,OoM2GS on October 06, 2009, 12:15 PM report to moderator

although I’m sad that she isn’t working on something for HP I think it’s good that she’s kind of breaking away and we will always will remember Harry Potter she probably doesn’t want to be only remembered as “that woman who wrote Harry Potter” whatever it is I can’t wait :]

Posted by supporterofSPEW on October 06, 2009, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Oh… well at least shes writing

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 06, 2009, 12:42 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I wonder what it is?! It could be her Political fairy tale for kids or it could be her adult detective novel or it could be something completely new! I just want to read it!!!!

VOTE FOR HARRY POTTER at the SCREAM AWARDS!! Only 20 days left!!!! It’s been added to a new category…BEST ENSEMBLE!!!

Posted by cghambright on October 06, 2009, 12:44 PM report to moderator

I can’t freakin’ wait! I’m so excited. I hope she finishes it soon!

Posted by on October 06, 2009, 12:51 PM report to moderator
Rat_ava_2_thumb

Excellent! I’ll read anything she writes. (But please please please still give us the Scottish Book, Jo…..! =D)

Posted by axlgirl [FTC!] on October 06, 2009, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

I’m sure I will want to read it even though it’s not HP related.

Posted by Girlraven1 on October 06, 2009, 01:13 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

I wonder if it’s that political fairy tale she talked about a long time ago? Whatever it is, I hope she is as much in love with this new story as she was with Harry. Good luck Jo.

Posted by mollywobble on October 06, 2009, 01:20 PM report to moderator

All these clues, but no direct answers are getting me frustrated.

Posted by Hermionerules!1844 on October 06, 2009, 01:30 PM report to moderator

"Which of you can tell me how we distinguish between the werewolf and the true wolf?" said Snape.[br]Everyone sat in motionless silence; everyone except Hermione, whose hand, as it so often did, had shot straight into the air.[br]"Anyone?" Snape said, ign