Report: JK Rowling "working on something, but it's not Harry Potter"

J.K. Rowling
October 05, 2009, 05:40 PM

There is a new article today regarding author J.K. Rowling and her next piece of literature. The Telegraph is reporting that at a recent fashion week showing, Jo "bid for three tickets to see Stella McCartney’s Paris show at a Gala Auction in London, in June, to raise funds for the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation, and bought along two friends." JKR is next quoted as saying “I’m working on something, but it’s not Harry Potter,” she said. “I need a Harry break.” Readers will recall of course we recently heard directly from the author as well via her official Twitter where she said "pen and paper are her priority" at the moment. We do not know what she is working on alas, and will update should there be any further developments.

On a related note, a press release was issued noting that DQE, a leading animation, gaming and entertainment production and global distribution group, has awarded J.K. Rowling with a lifetime achievement award "for her outstanding contribution towards children entertainment."  It continues "J.K Rowling is the author and creator of the Harry Potter fantasy series. The esteemed jury were almost unanimous in their choice of J.K. Rowling - who has inspired the minds of millions of people around the world, and has given rise to a whole new generation of young readers. The Potter books have gained worldwide attention; won multiple awards, sold more than 400 million copies and a string of films have been produced based on the series. Presented in Cannes, "Mr. Josh Berger, President and MD Warner Brothers Entertainment UK received the Award on behalf of J.K. Rowling."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Im actually excited that she’d would do something outside the HP world, It gives us a chance to see her writing style with a totally new set of characters and in a different setting.

Posted by Loony1393 {ROAR!} on October 06, 2009, 09:55 AM report to moderator

Posted by Loony1393 {ROAR!} on October 06, 2009, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I CAN’T WAIT!!!! :D

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 06, 2009, 09:59 AM report to moderator
Twitter2_thumb

Oh wow.. I wish we knew what it was.. Maybe a new series.. or just a new book.. Anything is welcome xD

Posted by Niphai on October 06, 2009, 10:10 AM report to moderator
1204091927_thumb

I love all Jo writing, but I’ll miss the Potterness writing
I guess no Scottish Book for a while :(
Whatever she’s working on, I’m 10000% sure it’ll be another great book ;).

Posted by Heroine Luna on October 06, 2009, 10:27 AM report to moderator
1204091927_thumb

1st on second page o hehei get excited for everything.

Posted by Heroine Luna on October 06, 2009, 10:28 AM report to moderator
Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

:(/:D

I want more Harry! But anything from Jo is worth reading.

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on October 06, 2009, 10:28 AM report to moderator
Malfoy_avatar_thumb

Last year they said it was a scottish detective novel, but it was just a joke she had made.
But she must have had an inspiration to be writing stuff down on paper. You know how she plots her worlds out. Except for the math.

Posted by Hydrus on October 06, 2009, 10:31 AM report to moderator
Myleaky_thumb

Oh, be still, my beating heart…!

Posted by PewterWolf on October 06, 2009, 10:33 AM report to moderator
1691273755a1691353847b766100513l_thumb

oke… I’m curious about the new book, but still I was and still am hoping she’s working on her scottish book… oh well, we’ll see!

Posted by qwientje on October 06, 2009, 10:34 AM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

I wonder what she’s working on.

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on October 06, 2009, 10:37 AM report to moderator
Dreamtd_thumb

I am so excited about the fact that she is writing again. I really hope that it is a new series and that we have a lot of fabulous stories to look forward to reading.

Posted by twilightdew on October 06, 2009, 10:43 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Oooohh. Interesting! This made my day :)

Posted by Christine on October 06, 2009, 10:56 AM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

I would love to see something HP related, but will have to be patient… at least she is writing!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on October 06, 2009, 10:59 AM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

I’ll read whatever she’s working on.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on October 06, 2009, 10:59 AM report to moderator

"Luna and I can stand at either end of the corridor," said Ginny promptly, "and warn people not to go down there because someone's let off a load of Garroting Gas." Hermione looked surprised at the readiness with which Ginny had come up with this lie. Gin