Report: JK Rowling "working on something, but it's not Harry Potter"

J.K. Rowling
October 05, 2009, 05:40 PM

There is a new article today regarding author J.K. Rowling and her next piece of literature. The Telegraph is reporting that at a recent fashion week showing, Jo "bid for three tickets to see Stella McCartney’s Paris show at a Gala Auction in London, in June, to raise funds for the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation, and bought along two friends." JKR is next quoted as saying “I’m working on something, but it’s not Harry Potter,” she said. “I need a Harry break.” Readers will recall of course we recently heard directly from the author as well via her official Twitter where she said "pen and paper are her priority" at the moment. We do not know what she is working on alas, and will update should there be any further developments.

On a related note, a press release was issued noting that DQE, a leading animation, gaming and entertainment production and global distribution group, has awarded J.K. Rowling with a lifetime achievement award "for her outstanding contribution towards children entertainment."  It continues "J.K Rowling is the author and creator of the Harry Potter fantasy series. The esteemed jury were almost unanimous in their choice of J.K. Rowling - who has inspired the minds of millions of people around the world, and has given rise to a whole new generation of young readers. The Potter books have gained worldwide attention; won multiple awards, sold more than 400 million copies and a string of films have been produced based on the series. Presented in Cannes, "Mr. Josh Berger, President and MD Warner Brothers Entertainment UK received the Award on behalf of J.K. Rowling."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

I can’t freakin’ wait! I’m so excited. I hope she finishes it soon!

Posted by on October 05, 2009, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Ooh! I’m so excited to read it, whatever it is! I’m sure it will be brilliant! Go ahead, Jo! WOOT!

Baron_haru___shall_we_dance____by_jasminealexandra_thumb

congrats jo

Posted by Ganduean-Vampiress on October 05, 2009, 09:02 PM report to moderator
Khephran_thumb

Hooray, i posted about it on my blog after reading this, you can leave a comment about what you think it might be…
please vote in the poll and comment on it. I’m super excited!
(also, please leave feedback on my blog, i just started it)

Posted by Khephran on October 05, 2009, 09:30 PM report to moderator
Khephran_thumb

please vote in the poll and comment on it. I’m super excited!
(also, please leave feedback on my blog, i just started it)

Posted by Khephran on October 05, 2009, 09:32 PM report to moderator

Woo hoo!! finally!

Posted by i.heart.harry. [ROAR!] on October 05, 2009, 09:45 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts_monty_python_thumb

Congrats on her award!!! I’m so proud haha!!!
And I heard that her next book is a “political fairy-tale” or something of the sort….anybody have any idea what that means???

Posted by nevertickleasleepingdragon on October 05, 2009, 09:58 PM report to moderator
Darkside_thumb

Oh yes! As much as I wish that she would make a Marauder’s Prequel, Im sure I will devour what ever she puts out!!!

Posted by Esmeralda.ROARღ on October 05, 2009, 10:39 PM report to moderator
A_tom_felton_july_23_2011b_thumb

Yippie! I’m sooo excited to hear this news! I look forward to reading more JK Rowling, and I’d love to see her talent beyond Potter.

Posted by HollyLime on October 05, 2009, 10:46 PM report to moderator
Dh__flight_of_hedwig_by_clouded_ambition_thumb

HARRY, HARRY, HARRY, HARRY!

Posted by dcsbelle [WBM] OOM3, CW on October 05, 2009, 10:52 PM report to moderator
Picture_324_thumb

This is amazing!! Yes, no Harry Potter… but I think that anything that flows from Jo’s pen is worth reading. And I’m still holding out for the Scottish Book.

Posted by Scribbled [WBM] on October 05, 2009, 11:25 PM report to moderator
Wizard_thumb

Whatever JKR writes, I’ll read. Having said that, my heart is set on seeing the Scottish Book at some point in the not to distant future. Hogwarts – A History, would be good, too. Maybe Melissa could ghost write for Jo while she is busy on her non-Harry project. :-)

Posted by TheOldHeadmaster on October 05, 2009, 11:29 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

i wonder what she’s working on. hmm. interesting.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on October 06, 2009, 12:02 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

yay jo! whatever she’s writing, i’ll read it :)

Posted by harrygetsme on October 06, 2009, 01:23 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

I’m so happy that she sontinues to write!

Posted by Pollytomat on October 06, 2009, 01:36 AM report to moderator

"You haff a water beetle in your hair, Herm-own-ninny," said Krum. Harry had the impression that Krum was drawing her attention back onto himself; perhaps to remind her that he had just rescued her from the lake...

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014