Report: JK Rowling "working on something, but it's not Harry Potter"

J.K. Rowling
October 05, 2009, 05:40 PM

There is a new article today regarding author J.K. Rowling and her next piece of literature. The Telegraph is reporting that at a recent fashion week showing, Jo "bid for three tickets to see Stella McCartney’s Paris show at a Gala Auction in London, in June, to raise funds for the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation, and bought along two friends." JKR is next quoted as saying “I’m working on something, but it’s not Harry Potter,” she said. “I need a Harry break.” Readers will recall of course we recently heard directly from the author as well via her official Twitter where she said "pen and paper are her priority" at the moment. We do not know what she is working on alas, and will update should there be any further developments.

On a related note, a press release was issued noting that DQE, a leading animation, gaming and entertainment production and global distribution group, has awarded J.K. Rowling with a lifetime achievement award "for her outstanding contribution towards children entertainment."  It continues "J.K Rowling is the author and creator of the Harry Potter fantasy series. The esteemed jury were almost unanimous in their choice of J.K. Rowling - who has inspired the minds of millions of people around the world, and has given rise to a whole new generation of young readers. The Potter books have gained worldwide attention; won multiple awards, sold more than 400 million copies and a string of films have been produced based on the series. Presented in Cannes, "Mr. Josh Berger, President and MD Warner Brothers Entertainment UK received the Award on behalf of J.K. Rowling."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Lovegood2_thumb

AHH, NEW BOOK! bet it’ll be great!

Posted by Loveforluna on October 07, 2009, 09:46 PM report to moderator
_gickr

its sure fire it will be great, but im sad its not hp.

would love it if she would write about the life of james, albus and lily.

a biography perhaps? :) lolz

go jk! :)

Posted by vampressISap0tter *ROAR* on October 08, 2009, 01:54 AM report to moderator

can’t wait

Posted by hp931 on October 11, 2009, 01:45 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

awesum :):):):) bt what abt the scottish book?? :(

Avi_thumb

I hope she never ever ever ever ever stops writing !!! I would die.

Posted by DesQueJteVois on June 25, 2010, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

I hope she never ever ever ever ever stops writing !!! I would die.

Posted by DesQueJteVois on June 25, 2010, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

I hope she never ever ever ever ever stops writing !!! I would die.

Posted by DesQueJteVois on June 25, 2010, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

I hope she never ever ever ever ever stops writing !!! I would die.

Posted by DesQueJteVois on June 25, 2010, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

I hope she never ever ever ever ever stops writing !!! I would die.

Posted by DesQueJteVois on June 25, 2010, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

I hope she never ever ever ever ever stops writing !!! I would die.

Posted by DesQueJteVois on June 25, 2010, 03:34 PM report to moderator

"Why have you got all these letters, Mr. Potter?" she asked slowly.[br]"Is that a crime now?" said Fred loudly. "Getting mail?"[br]"Be careful, Mr. Weasley, or I shall have to put you in detention," said Umbridge.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014