Report: JK Rowling "working on something, but it's not Harry Potter"

J.K. Rowling
October 05, 2009, 05:40 PM

There is a new article today regarding author J.K. Rowling and her next piece of literature. The Telegraph is reporting that at a recent fashion week showing, Jo "bid for three tickets to see Stella McCartney’s Paris show at a Gala Auction in London, in June, to raise funds for the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation, and bought along two friends." JKR is next quoted as saying “I’m working on something, but it’s not Harry Potter,” she said. “I need a Harry break.” Readers will recall of course we recently heard directly from the author as well via her official Twitter where she said "pen and paper are her priority" at the moment. We do not know what she is working on alas, and will update should there be any further developments.

On a related note, a press release was issued noting that DQE, a leading animation, gaming and entertainment production and global distribution group, has awarded J.K. Rowling with a lifetime achievement award "for her outstanding contribution towards children entertainment."  It continues "J.K Rowling is the author and creator of the Harry Potter fantasy series. The esteemed jury were almost unanimous in their choice of J.K. Rowling - who has inspired the minds of millions of people around the world, and has given rise to a whole new generation of young readers. The Potter books have gained worldwide attention; won multiple awards, sold more than 400 million copies and a string of films have been produced based on the series. Presented in Cannes, "Mr. Josh Berger, President and MD Warner Brothers Entertainment UK received the Award on behalf of J.K. Rowling."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

i will read anything she writes…

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on October 07, 2009, 04:53 AM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

I cannot wait until I can read another book written by her. I don’t care who it is about. I just want to read another book by my favorite author.

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on October 07, 2009, 05:05 AM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

it will be interesting on what she will wright next im looking forward to it but i hope she doesn’t forget about the scottish book either..

Posted by Horcruxalej on October 07, 2009, 05:15 AM report to moderator
612_thumb

oooooh i’m so excited! I love harry though. gutted it’s ended.. or has it?? ;)

she hasn’t said it’s over and there’s the scottish book!!

i will be queueing up when it comes out though – what ever her new material is

Posted by MiliMalfoy [FTC!] on October 07, 2009, 05:53 AM report to moderator
Animation_thumb

cool i hope she continues the harry potter seres maybe put it from someone eleses place

Posted by lilmisssnape on October 07, 2009, 07:16 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1a0e5a2a006d2c78af7e716742496a56_thumb

hmmm, sure is good news for me, saying is not related to Harry Potter and that “I need Harry break”,make wonder which sense she means…story not around Harry or not Wizarding World…or is other story? hmmm

Posted by worldstraveller on October 07, 2009, 07:19 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1a0e5a2a006d2c78af7e716742496a56_thumb

Posted by worldstraveller on October 07, 2009, 07:20 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Whenever I get obsessed with a book that I read (e.g Harry Potter) I tell myself; okay, I need a break from this, and I read something else. But that bond always remains with me and the book. = D

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on October 07, 2009, 07:27 AM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

it’s okay if she doesn’t write another book w/ harry or albus potter, I just wish she would write that encolypedia or watever it is in PotterCast Nosey Neighbours. Hmmmm whatever. Can’t wait to read it either way

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on October 07, 2009, 08:02 AM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

Well,whatever she’s working on,it’ll probably be awsome.
A “Harry break”,hmmm,that just makes me wonder(and hope)…

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on October 07, 2009, 08:03 AM report to moderator

it would be kewl if she wrote a harry potter 8. i know it will b good even if it is not hp. :)

Posted by ravenclaw_girl42 on October 07, 2009, 10:00 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

i dont care what shes writing. :( she needs to be working on the scottish book! :D

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on October 07, 2009, 10:17 AM report to moderator
Untitled_thumb

I can’t wait to read something of JK Rowlings thats not Harry Potter because we’ve only ever seen her HP work, I’d like to see what other amazing creations she can come up with, after all HP was only one series. Still can’t wait for the Scottish Book though!

Posted by TheGriff [ROAR!] on October 07, 2009, 11:36 AM report to moderator

What ever Jo writes it will be top of the line and maybe it will be more than one book.

Posted by HGROSS44 on October 07, 2009, 06:09 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

ill read anything she writes…she is a genius!!

Posted by KC Nox on October 07, 2009, 09:44 PM report to moderator

"Come through to the back, Harry, that's where we're making the real money -- [i]pocket anything, you, and you'll pay in more than Galleons!"[/i] he added warningly to a small boy who hastily whipped his hand out of the tub labeled: EDIBLE DARK MARKS -- T