Report: JK Rowling "working on something, but it's not Harry Potter"

J.K. Rowling
October 05, 2009, 05:40 PM

There is a new article today regarding author J.K. Rowling and her next piece of literature. The Telegraph is reporting that at a recent fashion week showing, Jo "bid for three tickets to see Stella McCartney’s Paris show at a Gala Auction in London, in June, to raise funds for the Raisa Gorbachev Foundation, and bought along two friends." JKR is next quoted as saying “I’m working on something, but it’s not Harry Potter,” she said. “I need a Harry break.” Readers will recall of course we recently heard directly from the author as well via her official Twitter where she said "pen and paper are her priority" at the moment. We do not know what she is working on alas, and will update should there be any further developments.

On a related note, a press release was issued noting that DQE, a leading animation, gaming and entertainment production and global distribution group, has awarded J.K. Rowling with a lifetime achievement award "for her outstanding contribution towards children entertainment."  It continues "J.K Rowling is the author and creator of the Harry Potter fantasy series. The esteemed jury were almost unanimous in their choice of J.K. Rowling - who has inspired the minds of millions of people around the world, and has given rise to a whole new generation of young readers. The Potter books have gained worldwide attention; won multiple awards, sold more than 400 million copies and a string of films have been produced based on the series. Presented in Cannes, "Mr. Josh Berger, President and MD Warner Brothers Entertainment UK received the Award on behalf of J.K. Rowling."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Image

COOL! But she should write more Harry Potter.

Posted by magicmaniac on October 05, 2009, 05:59 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

It may not be HP but it is still great to hear that she is working on something!!!!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 05, 2009, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

What about the Scottish book?

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 05, 2009, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

interesting. I’m really interested in what she’s writing about. “Harry break”? I guess she meant the Scottish book.

Posted by Matea on October 05, 2009, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Harry_animation_65x65_thumb

I’ll bet it’ll be awesome even if it isn’t harry. :D I can’t wait!

Posted by dec_1892 on October 05, 2009, 06:08 PM report to moderator

Wishing her the best on her new project(s)! :)

Posted by emdash84 on October 05, 2009, 06:09 PM report to moderator
Hp_pic_of_me_thumb

I know whatever she writes will be awesome but….I want more harry!!!

Posted by Ruby Hagrid {WBM} on October 05, 2009, 06:32 PM report to moderator
Hagrid_thumb

I’m just glad she’s writing something. I look forward to reading whatever she publishes, whenever she publishes it.

Posted by biiigbob on October 05, 2009, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Quill_thumb

I’m glad she’s writing, but I wish it was harry potter-related!

Posted by ⚖ Justin Flowflicker ⚖ {WBM} on October 05, 2009, 06:34 PM report to moderator
008_thumb

A harry break?! What?

Posted by TaylerWeasley on October 05, 2009, 06:35 PM report to moderator
100_1923_thumb

I wonder what she’s writing?!! Even though it’s not Harry Potter related I’m sure it will be brilliant.

Posted by PygmyPuff85 on October 05, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator

I’m sure it will be great and I can’t wait to read it :)

Posted by on October 05, 2009, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Always_thumb

Can’t wait to read whatever JK writes. woop :D

Posted by spiritbound on October 05, 2009, 06:53 PM report to moderator
27577_1__thumb

but, but what about the scottish book?
oh well at least its somthing

Posted by Rowling Stones on October 05, 2009, 07:10 PM report to moderator
800px-draco_malfoy_mirror_thumb

Hmmm….. i wonder what the book is about!

Posted by viviantuyle on October 05, 2009, 07:15 PM report to moderator

At the foot of the first set of stairs, they spotted Mrs. Norris skulking near the top.[br] "Oh, let's kick her, just this once," Ron whispered in Harry's ear.