Helen McCrory: WB is "letting out all the stops" with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
October 05, 2009, 06:41 AM

Exciting news today in the form of a new interview with actress Helen McCrory. Speaking to UK Rotten Tomatoes, the actress discusses her role as Narcissa Malfoy in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, confirming the cast will be doing a read-through today of the script for Part Two, the bulk of which is due to begin filming this month.  She also says fans will be in for a treat with these final installments in the Harry Potter series, noting "her work on Deathly Hallows was going well and promised an epic finale for Potter fans. "It's got a full stop," she told us. "I think up to now, every director who has done a Harry Potter has had to do a dot-dot-dot. They know it's a sequel, they know there's another film coming out. But with this one, we can actually make everything have an epic ending. It's going to be final. And it's going to be huge. There doesn't have to be any more pauses or dot-dot-dots. So they're letting out all the stops with this one."

Helen McCrory also reflects on the ending of the story for the cast and crew, as well as for the characters in the series, notably Harry Potter.

"We finish in April and it does feel different on set actually," she explained. "Some people have been doing it for 10, 11 years. It's part of their lives. So although I've just joined them at the end, a lot of people have a huge emotional commitment to it. There are children that have grown up with the people on the set, like the directors and the costume designers backstage. It's a very big occasion for those people."

Despite the magical challenges faced by Harry and co. as Voldemort continues to gain power, McCrory thinks that what makes director David Yates' time on the series so special is his attention to the more human aspects of the franchise. "[Half-Blood Prince] was definitely filled with teenage angst, and you remember how violent teenage angst is. There's nothing romantic about it. You're thinking, Oh my God, what am I going to do for the rest of my life? You're starting to make decisions about the rest of your life. I think [David Yates] really summed that up in a very real way, and a very serious way.

"I think with these next two films, he's looking at this character becoming a man. And that again, is quite an epic story. That's Ulysses. Rites of passage. It's exactly what Noel Clarke did, in a way, with Kidulthood. We still watch those stories, whether they're set in Hogwarts or New Cross."

Thanks so much to Joe from Rotten Tomatoes UK!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hbp_movie_thumb

Go DH! Can’t wait for more updates and for filming to begin,

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on October 06, 2009, 02:57 AM report to moderator
Foto446_05

Kidulhood was freaking amazing, nothing to do with HBP. Really, though, as much as I didn’t like a lot of things, even if I had loved it, I can still see a great, big difference. I hope DH will be better.

Posted by Bell Dema [FTC!!!] on October 06, 2009, 03:08 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

They better be good!

Posted by Matea on October 06, 2009, 03:30 AM report to moderator

I’m so excited for Deathly Hallows!!!

Posted by on October 06, 2009, 03:33 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

She certainly sounds optimistic, and I am positive that Warner Brothers will not disappoint us with the final two films.

Posted by Kirk on October 06, 2009, 03:34 AM report to moderator
Picture_200_thumb

I don’t want it to end.. But I’m still very excited :D

Posted by ϟTheWizardϟ on October 06, 2009, 03:37 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1a0e5a2a006d2c78af7e716742496a56_thumb

sounds nice, very nice, less cuts :), I really hope this movie goes well. :3

Posted by worldstraveller on October 06, 2009, 04:10 AM report to moderator
Thumb_dh_unofficialstills_harry_ron_hermione_012_thumb

I hope we get to see as much of the book as possible.

Posted by dreampotter [ROAR!] on October 06, 2009, 04:17 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

i hope they dont cut ANYTHING at all out of Deathly Hallowd like they normally do she sounds fairly optimistic that people will like it though

Posted by IloveDobby on October 06, 2009, 04:17 AM report to moderator

I’m guessing that this read-through relates to the ensemble parts of DH part 2, in other words the scenes in and around Hogwarts. They’ve already filmed some earlier sections, largely those involving Emma, such as Shell Cottage.

Posted by WulfricBrian on October 06, 2009, 04:36 AM report to moderator
26097981_thumb

Sounds promising :D

Posted by jenge {Meredith Mooncloud} ~ [ITC!] on October 06, 2009, 05:45 AM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

I loved this interview.She didn´t give too much away but we definetely can have a notion of how DH is gonna be like. And it sounds awesome! Sure they are letting out all the stops.There are no more stops! This is it.The end of everything. Oh My God! I can´t believe! I´m gonna cry my eyes out!

Posted by Tamyris on October 06, 2009, 05:58 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

can’t wait :)

Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Can’t wait but it’s going to be sad. ; )

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on October 06, 2009, 07:35 AM report to moderator
Image

I want to see! But will sob for an hour. Then mope around the house. :( :) It is all ending. This is a big part of my life,Harry Potter is what I mean.

Posted by magicmaniac on October 06, 2009, 07:36 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

[The egg] was hollow and completely empty -- but the moment Harry opened it, the most horrible noise, a loud and screechy wailing, filled the room. The nearest thing to it Harry had ever heard was the ghost orchestra at Nearly Headless Nick's deathday par