New Books for Harry Potter Book Club, Jo's Book Nook

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Edward
October 04, 2009, 11:53 PM

Both of our Leaky Lounge based Book Clubs have opened up readings for the month of October.  First, our Harry Potter Book Club is tackling the stories in The Tales of Beedle the Bard.  These five stories will be examined individually and as a whole as those who join in this reading go through these tales together.  Our non-Harry Potter Book Club, Jo's Book Nook, has before it the novel Northanger Abbey.  Whether this is one of your favorite Jane Austen novels, or your first time reading the story, explore and appreciate this book in the welcoming environment of our book clubs.  Both of these communal book readings are open to all registered MyLeaky members and feature in-depth discussions each of these respective novels.  Join in now with your fellow Lounge members to take part in this most fun and thought-provoking reading group discussion.  Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

Hbp_movie_thumb

Yay! Book clubs I cannot wait.

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on October 06, 2009, 02:33 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I hope I can find the time to partake in these discussions in the midst of a demanding college life!

Posted by Kirk on October 06, 2009, 03:34 AM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

I read Northanger Abbey in Year 12 Extension English when we were studying Gothic fiction and I really enjoyed it, everyone should have a read! I’m reading Mansfield Park at the moment, Austen is great.

Posted by bec majec *roar* on October 06, 2009, 04:03 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

A good book to study…

Posted by Won_Two on October 06, 2009, 05:37 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

awesum :) I LUV jane austen :)

Harry_potter_70_thumb

The ’Beedle the Bard" stories are really good.

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on October 06, 2009, 07:09 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I have the book but I don’t get book clubs…

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on October 06, 2009, 07:38 AM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

I haven’t even read Beatle and Bard yet! I need to read it

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on October 06, 2009, 07:39 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

i dont read anything thats not harry potter. :D

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on October 06, 2009, 07:40 AM report to moderator
Darkside_thumb

I have Beedle the Bard! Got it a loooooong time ago.
My favorite was The Fountain of Fair Fortune. I might join this.
: D

Posted by Esmeralda.ROARღ on October 06, 2009, 07:56 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Cool!

Posted by The Nerd on October 06, 2009, 08:14 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__2__professor_sprout_slughorn_mcgonagall_flitwick_cartoon_thumb

I’ve got to join the book club, but I don’t own Tales of Beedle the Bard…yet.

Posted by NipintheAir on October 06, 2009, 09:54 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__2__professor_sprout_slughorn_mcgonagall_flitwick_cartoon_thumb

I’ve got to join the book club, but I don’t own Tales of Beedle the Bard…yet.

Posted by NipintheAir on October 06, 2009, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__2__professor_sprout_slughorn_mcgonagall_flitwick_cartoon_thumb

I’ve got to join the book club, but I don’t own Tales of Beedle the Bard…yet.

Posted by NipintheAir on October 06, 2009, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Cool. I’ll join in on the Beedle one. I don’t understand how people don’t know what bookclubs are!!! Anyway yeah I would love to go in-depth. Especially on DD’s notes!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 06, 2009, 12:32 PM report to moderator

...they saw three tall and beautiful veela standing in a clearing, surrounded by a gaggle of young wizards, all of whom were talking very loudly...[br]...next second Ron was yelling, "Did I tell you I've invented a broomstick that'll reach Jupiter?"[br][i