New Books for Harry Potter Book Club, Jo's Book Nook

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Edward
October 04, 2009, 11:53 PM

Both of our Leaky Lounge based Book Clubs have opened up readings for the month of October.  First, our Harry Potter Book Club is tackling the stories in The Tales of Beedle the Bard.  These five stories will be examined individually and as a whole as those who join in this reading go through these tales together.  Our non-Harry Potter Book Club, Jo's Book Nook, has before it the novel Northanger Abbey.  Whether this is one of your favorite Jane Austen novels, or your first time reading the story, explore and appreciate this book in the welcoming environment of our book clubs.  Both of these communal book readings are open to all registered MyLeaky members and feature in-depth discussions each of these respective novels.  Join in now with your fellow Lounge members to take part in this most fun and thought-provoking reading group discussion.  Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

Greathornedowl_thumb

I wish I had more time for the book clubs. :-(

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on October 05, 2009, 05:47 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__2__professor_sprout_slughorn_mcgonagall_flitwick_cartoon_thumb

I’ve got to join the book club, but I haven’t got Tales of Beedle the Bard…yet.

Posted by NipintheAir on October 05, 2009, 05:47 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__2__professor_sprout_slughorn_mcgonagall_flitwick_cartoon_thumb

I’ve got to join the book club, but I don’t own Tales of Beedle the Bard…yet.

Posted by NipintheAir on October 05, 2009, 05:52 PM report to moderator

hey ppl

i live in australia and went shopping kmart to look for something to read while i was there i saw that The Tales of Beedle the Bard was on sale for $2.50 i was shock

Posted by ozziepotter on October 05, 2009, 08:03 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

I might join the Potter book club.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on October 05, 2009, 08:48 PM report to moderator
M005_edited-1_thumb

I like the idea of book clubs, but I don’t join one.

Posted by ginevrapotter07 on October 05, 2009, 09:33 PM report to moderator

I loved The Tales of Beetle the Bard. That book gave me such a great insight of the the wizarding world.

Posted by Hermionerules!1844 on October 05, 2009, 09:33 PM report to moderator
Mv5bmje0njy5mte2nv5bml5banbnxkftztywnzu4mtk1

i borrowed the tales of beedle the bard from a friend and had to return it before i was done..from what i read though i liked it

Posted by Beckster235 on October 05, 2009, 10:05 PM report to moderator

How can I join The book club???

Posted by humbert0 on October 05, 2009, 10:21 PM report to moderator

How can I join The book club???
It must be cool!! =)

Posted by humbert0 on October 05, 2009, 10:22 PM report to moderator
7325_127536676087_515576087_2599399_1968276_n_thumb

Ooh I only just bought Beedle the Bard, yay :)

Posted by Retrograde15 on October 06, 2009, 12:03 AM report to moderator
Antiochpeverell1_thumb

I LOVE “The Tale of the Three Brothers”!!!! The Deathly Hallows plot is my favorite!

Posted by AntiochPeverell on October 06, 2009, 12:24 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

I might join the Potter book club but I’m currently reading The lost Symbol by Dan Brown.

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on October 06, 2009, 01:07 AM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I need to start getting involved with this more, darn it

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 06, 2009, 01:49 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Northanger Abbey is a great novel but my favourite Jane Austen novel is Pride and Prejudice!!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on October 06, 2009, 01:52 AM report to moderator

"Arthur Weasley loves Muggles so much he should snap his wand in half and go and join them," said Malfoy scornfully. "You'd never know the Weasleys were pure-bloods, the way they behave."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014