Open Casting Call for Actors at Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Fans
October 28, 2009, 09:09 AM

Calling all actors! There will be an open casting call held next month for roles at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction under construction at Universal Orlando. Thanks to Orlando Attractions Magazine, we now know that auditions will be held on November 14 and 15th with rehearsals set for January, all very exciting news. Quotage as follows:

"They’re looking for male and female actors who can speak with a British accent. More specifically, Universal is holding calls for male actors with strong improv and interaction skills who are able to portray an age range of mid-thiries to mid-forties. In addition, they’re casting male and female actors who are youthful in appearance. Casting is being held on Saturday, Nov. 14 and Sunday, Nov. 15 at 10 a.m. in the Universal Orlando Human Resources Lobby at 1000 Universal Studios Plaza, Orlando, FL 32819.

Full-time, part-time, and seasonal positions are available. All actors should prepare a one-minute monologue for audition and candidates must be available for callbacks on Monday, Nov. 16 and rehearsals beginning in January."

Be sure to sign up for emails on further auditions via the official Universal site. Good Luck to all who apply! Thanks so much Matt and Orlando Attractions Magazine.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

4fb8_1__thumb

This would be great if i could act…
or lived anywhere near the theme park LOL

Posted by GryffindorGirl115 {ROAR!} on October 31, 2009, 11:59 AM report to moderator
20110227_001_thumb

They want people who can do a British accent? So why not hold some auditions in Britain and get some actual British people? At least then (if they had some American and some British) it would be much fairer. Plus British people don’t need to fake their accents. Also, hello? Britain = home of Harry Potter!

Posted by Bookworm_Weasley {HS} {ROAR} on November 01, 2009, 12:33 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

if only orlando wasnt like 1300 miles away :(

Posted by KC Nox on November 03, 2009, 07:43 AM report to moderator

I’d love to work there…

Posted by Leeann on November 04, 2009, 07:09 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

I’m auditioning. I live 15 minutes away from Universal and I played a two British women in the fall musical at my college for 6 weeks. God, I hope I get it.

Posted by Courtney Quirke on November 04, 2009, 08:41 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Oh, I WISH. Quit my day job, maybe? I long to be Luna!

Posted by Smitch on November 05, 2009, 09:49 AM report to moderator

Only in America :(

Posted by Rodinius Black on November 08, 2009, 09:33 AM report to moderator
Witch_cropped_thumb

Oh how fun! And disappointing – I would so be there! I’m an actor (actress), have played a lot of British roles, and would be willing to travel to Florida for the audition. However, I’m already booked to film on another project that weekend. sigh TIMING! Argh!

Posted by BellaSword on November 09, 2009, 01:07 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

cool =)

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on November 09, 2009, 03:31 AM report to moderator
App_full_proxy

I went. It was pretty cool, and I’m glad to say I tried… but alas! No callback. The competition was pretty tight, too… out of two groups composed of 20 professional actors only ONE was asked to return for the second round. They were VERY tight-lipped on what they were looking for specifically, except to say they were looking for specific traits… we were never given any information beyond that posted in the article above (except, perhaps, that the actors “youthful in appearance” they were looking for should be able to easily pass for 16 to 17 years of age — and actors under the age of 18 were NOT permitted to audition). There were no pictures or concept art displayed, nobody said anything about TWWoHP, or even what type of roles they were looking to cast. Still, I gave it my best shot, and have no regrets about my performance. I’m looking forward to visiting the park when it opens next year!

Posted by Doombuggyman on November 16, 2009, 12:00 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"I take my hat off to you -- or I would, if I were not afraid of showering you in spiders."