Open Casting Call for Actors at Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Fans
October 28, 2009, 09:09 AM

Calling all actors! There will be an open casting call held next month for roles at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction under construction at Universal Orlando. Thanks to Orlando Attractions Magazine, we now know that auditions will be held on November 14 and 15th with rehearsals set for January, all very exciting news. Quotage as follows:

"They’re looking for male and female actors who can speak with a British accent. More specifically, Universal is holding calls for male actors with strong improv and interaction skills who are able to portray an age range of mid-thiries to mid-forties. In addition, they’re casting male and female actors who are youthful in appearance. Casting is being held on Saturday, Nov. 14 and Sunday, Nov. 15 at 10 a.m. in the Universal Orlando Human Resources Lobby at 1000 Universal Studios Plaza, Orlando, FL 32819.

Full-time, part-time, and seasonal positions are available. All actors should prepare a one-minute monologue for audition and candidates must be available for callbacks on Monday, Nov. 16 and rehearsals beginning in January."

Be sure to sign up for emails on further auditions via the official Universal site. Good Luck to all who apply! Thanks so much Matt and Orlando Attractions Magazine.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

The_master_close_up_thumb

Sounds very discriminating to me. They’ve basically screened me out of the process already!! And being an actor there was probably the only way my wife would let me go! :)

Posted by vespasian68967 on October 29, 2009, 02:19 AM report to moderator
Thumb_dh_unofficialstills_harry_ron_hermione_012_thumb

I won’t be auditioning, as I live in PA.

Posted by dreampotter [ROAR!] on October 29, 2009, 04:20 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

This so makes me wish I lived in Florida:) I would so work there over the summer!!

Posted by JessSnape on October 29, 2009, 07:32 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Blimey but that’s brill!!!

Posted by Won_Two on October 29, 2009, 08:25 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

That’d be so cool to work there!

Posted by Christine on October 29, 2009, 08:48 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

want to audition!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 29, 2009, 09:12 AM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

Darn it for living so far away!!!! I would love to work there!!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 29, 2009, 11:48 AM report to moderator
034_thumb

Definatly need one in the great white north( alberta Canada). I just can’t wit to go and see it. Totally awesome…..

Posted by T-BirdROAR on October 29, 2009, 11:50 AM report to moderator
034_thumb

Posted by T-BirdROAR on October 29, 2009, 11:52 AM report to moderator
New_image_thumb

can i join??i really dreamed of becoming an artist..but i’m not that good in acting…

Posted by ♫♣*{ȡa!ζy__ßeLL}*♣♫ on October 29, 2009, 02:16 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I’m a terrible actor. I hope they sound british!!! Also I hope Hagrid speaks like he does in the books.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 29, 2009, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Image

AWESOME! I ACT! BUT DON’T LIVE IN FLORIDA! Happy for the people who make it though.

Posted by magicmaniac on October 29, 2009, 02:49 PM report to moderator
Image

Posted by magicmaniac on October 29, 2009, 02:49 PM report to moderator
Haruhi_books_normal_thumb

If I lived in Orlando I would be all over this audition DDDD:

Posted by pellegrinopixie on October 29, 2009, 03:13 PM report to moderator
M005_edited-1_thumb

Three problems:
I’m not 30-40
I’m not British, or can’t copy British accent
I’m not in Florida

…But would really LOVE working AS witch. . . All I can do is dream. lol. Which roles are they going to have the auditions for?

Posted by ginevrapotter07 on October 29, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator

"What are heliopaths?" asked Neville, looking blank.[br]"They're spirits of fire," said Luna, her protuberant eyes widening so that she looked madder than ever. "Great tall flaming creatures that gallop across the ground burning everything in front of --"