Infinitus Issues Call for Proposals

Conventions
October 24, 2009, 01:33 PM

An update today from Infinitus, the Harry Potter symposium being held next year in Orlando, Florida. There is now a call for proposals for the convention, seeking "presentations, papers, moderated panels, and workshops on any topic relating to the Harry Potter novels and/or the fan community." The HPEF also points out the conference theme is "Imagine the infinite possibilities," and points out they are "seeking presenters who will explore the infinite future possibilities of all elements of the Harry Potter novels and the fan culture surrounding the novels." You can learn more about the Harry Potter conference which will take place July 15-18, 2010 in Orlando, Florida including registration information and more here at this link.

As a reminder too Orlando, Florida will also be the home to LeakyCon 2011, which will take place at the home of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Our convention will take place July 13-17 as we gather and celebrate all things Harry Potter, including the release of the final Harry Potter film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. We will have more on our convention in the near future; be sure to keep an eye on our website for more, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Conventions News

WOOT cant wait for Leakycon… ima prolly go done to florida, see the midnight showing of Hp 7 part 2 and then go to it, then get back home and see Hp 7 part 2 five more times lol

Posted by madman1277 on October 24, 2009, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

I probably won’t be going….. But it sounds cool!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on October 24, 2009, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

wow thats awesome

Posted by alicia00 on October 24, 2009, 05:04 PM report to moderator
Leaky3_thumb

somethingthat I will seriously consider going to!! LEAKYCON 2011!!!

Wicca_thumb

Firsts!!!! Yeah for LeakyCon!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 25, 2009, 06:43 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I’m still deciding whether to go to Infinitus or LeakyCon…. I’m planning more on LeakyCon though. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on October 25, 2009, 07:19 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I probably will not be able to attend Infinitus but I do hope that everything at the conference enriches this fandom! There are many possibilities to discuss with regard to HP.

Posted by Kirk on October 25, 2009, 08:19 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_girl_thumb

I want to go so bad! :(

Posted by LadySidi on October 25, 2009, 09:49 AM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

I am really excited about Infinitus. I will definitely be going. Don’t know if I am going to LeakyCon 2011. I went to LeakyCon 2009 this year. I was really surprised (not in a pleasant way) and dissappointed by some of the organizers’ decisions. (My friends felt the same way, too.) However, if the organizers show that they have learned from their mistakes and problems from LeakyCon 2009 and made changes, I (and my friends) will more than likely go to LeakyCon 2011.

Posted by Miss Freewind on October 25, 2009, 09:19 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I want to go!!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 25, 2009, 10:25 PM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

WOW. That’s awesome!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on October 25, 2009, 10:44 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

wow that totally sounds like so much fun! i wish i could go!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on October 26, 2009, 01:15 PM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

Doubt I’ll be able to make it to the Harry Potter conference, but definitely looking forward to (Hopefully) attending LeakyCon 2011.

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on October 27, 2009, 02:29 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

not going…

Posted by Won_Two on October 29, 2009, 02:59 PM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahahaha

Posted by wing on October 30, 2009, 06:26 AM report to moderator

"Leave the Dursleys?"[br]"Of course, I thought you wouldn't want to," said Black quickly. "I understand, I just thought I'd --"[br]"Are you insane?" said Harry, his voice easily as croaky as Black's. "Of course I want to leave the Dursleys! Have you got a

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014