Bill Nighy and Shredding the Secrets of the Ministry of Magic

DH Film
October 21, 2009, 06:47 AM

The always engaging Bill Nighy has given a new interview where he joked about the measures surrounding the script for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. In humorous remarks, Bill Nighy, who will be portraying Ministry of Magic Rufus Scrimgeour said "that he had to shred his scripts to be on the safe side. "They kill you, if you leave your script lying around or leave it on the bus, you're dead," he said, laughing."You have to sign a confidentiality (agreement) and stuff like that which is perfectly understandable. So if I tell you any more, they'll come round my house."

As previously reported here on Leaky, Bill Nighy has already filmed scenes for Deathly Hallows, and remarked on his co-stars including actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry): "It was very sweet, very nice to work with him, and with Emma and Rupert, and with David Yates as this is my fourth time working with him," he added at the Los Angeles premiere of his latest film, Astro Boy. "It's great. I thought I was going to be the only British actor of a certain age not to be in Harry Potter and it turned out not to be true so it's kind of cool."

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows continues production in England, with Part One due in theaters next year on November 19, 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

I think he’s always so funny, but I actually think he would have made a better Xeonphilius than Scrimgeour. But then he’s good at anything he’s in, so he’ll probably be fine.

Posted by izziewitch on October 22, 2009, 09:39 AM report to moderator
002hxz24_thumb

I think he’ll be an excellent Scrimgeour. :)

Posted by maat on October 22, 2009, 09:48 AM report to moderator

Well, at least he knows what will happen if the script turns up in the wrong hands! LOL

Posted by hewy on October 22, 2009, 09:53 AM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

Ooh I must have missed this casting announcement! Bill Knighy will be fantastic – can’t wait.

Posted by Linnyish on October 22, 2009, 10:51 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

i love bill nighy so i’m really looking forwad to his bit!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on October 22, 2009, 11:01 AM report to moderator
Baron_haru___shall_we_dance____by_jasminealexandra_thumb

ahh this will be good

Posted by Ganduean-Vampiress on October 22, 2009, 11:52 AM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I am so glad that they picked him. He looks the part, now lets see if he gets it right on screen.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 22, 2009, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

He is so amazingly cool. I am so stoked to see him as Scrimgeour. (I hope they keep him in character)

Posted by siriusismyhero on October 22, 2009, 02:00 PM report to moderator
Leaky3_thumb

Bill Nighy is the most perfect person to be Rufus Scrimgeour. Nighy was the vampire Elder in the Underworld series from the first movie and he was absolutely amazing. Nighy can really portray a sense of fear to hi enemies, but also a tiny bit of discomfort to his friends, which in my opinion fits the role of Scrimgeour by about 90%, if not 100%

Postejeunes4_thumb

Haha, I love Bill Nighy. You have no idea how excited I am that he’s in DH… even if it’s only for a little scene.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on October 22, 2009, 09:20 PM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

98143829_thumb
1910 Points

That’s really awesome!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on October 22, 2009, 09:20 PM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

I’m so glad that they found (or more accurately Jo wrote) a part for Bill Nighy to play. He is such a great actor and did an amazing job at Davy Jones so I can’t wait to see him as Scrimgeour!

Posted by bec majec *roar* on October 22, 2009, 10:12 PM report to moderator

Bill Nighy is PERFECT for Scrimgeour. Seriously. Watch him in the Underworld films. He has the best voice for a character like Scrimgeour.

Posted by SwedishSkinJer on October 23, 2009, 03:25 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

whoaa it’s gonna be so awesome! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on October 23, 2009, 05:03 AM report to moderator

"I'm quite surprised the Mudbloods haven't all packed their bags by now," Malfoy went on. "Bet you five Galleons the next one dies. Pity it wasn't Granger --"