Bill Nighy and Shredding the Secrets of the Ministry of Magic

DH Film
October 21, 2009, 06:47 AM

The always engaging Bill Nighy has given a new interview where he joked about the measures surrounding the script for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. In humorous remarks, Bill Nighy, who will be portraying Ministry of Magic Rufus Scrimgeour said "that he had to shred his scripts to be on the safe side. "They kill you, if you leave your script lying around or leave it on the bus, you're dead," he said, laughing."You have to sign a confidentiality (agreement) and stuff like that which is perfectly understandable. So if I tell you any more, they'll come round my house."

As previously reported here on Leaky, Bill Nighy has already filmed scenes for Deathly Hallows, and remarked on his co-stars including actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry): "It was very sweet, very nice to work with him, and with Emma and Rupert, and with David Yates as this is my fourth time working with him," he added at the Los Angeles premiere of his latest film, Astro Boy. "It's great. I thought I was going to be the only British actor of a certain age not to be in Harry Potter and it turned out not to be true so it's kind of cool."

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows continues production in England, with Part One due in theaters next year on November 19, 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

He is pretty close ot what i imagined Scrimgeour s.

Posted by Smonocco on October 22, 2009, 04:59 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I want to see how they make Bill Nighy as Rufus. Exciting stuff!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 22, 2009, 05:22 AM report to moderator
What_the_hell_is_a_hufflepuff__by_emptymug_thumb

He’s so perfect for the part. He’s amazing. I’m so excited to see him as Scrimgeour.

Posted by Andrea Black on October 22, 2009, 06:00 AM report to moderator
Animation_thumb

i cant wait

Posted by lilmisssnape on October 22, 2009, 07:09 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

i hope WB keeps the tight hold on the actors…so many spoilers came out before Half-Blood Prince and it didn’t make it as emotional, I hope the keep quiet until people get a chance to see the movies this time :)

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on October 22, 2009, 07:19 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

cool… i really thought every famous british actor is going to star in HP films.. i guess im mistaken..

Posted by alegria35 on October 22, 2009, 07:19 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

cant wate

Posted by alicia00 on October 22, 2009, 07:35 AM report to moderator

I’m really excited… I’m sure Bill Nighy will be great

Posted by LoonyMaddie3 on October 22, 2009, 07:37 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

I liked his role in “The Boat that rocked” (BTW the film is amazing). I hope he’ll be a right Scrimgeour!
On the one hand, fans would do anything for have a brief look on the DH script. But on the hand, it would destroy all the mystery and expectations!
DH on 19 November… Why there is no countdown yet???? :)))

Posted by Pollytomat on October 22, 2009, 07:45 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Wow….so strict its funny—secret service for harry potter! any James Bond fans here? Harry Potter’s Secret Service!
=)

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on October 22, 2009, 08:04 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

Hahaha I like him. I bet he will be a god Scimgeour.

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on October 22, 2009, 08:17 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I love that the legacy of these films is that its a showreel for the talent of British actors in the noughties. Harry Potter ruled the noughties, I can’t wait to see a look back at this decade as we come to the end of it. This whole mania- it’s hard to believe it was just this decade

Posted by KiwiMcI on October 22, 2009, 08:28 AM report to moderator
Sany1464_thumb

that is so funny!

Posted by atarigurl05 on October 22, 2009, 09:06 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

he is pretty funny! I think he will make a good Scrimgeor!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 22, 2009, 09:08 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_girl_thumb

Great thoughts!

Posted by LadySidi on October 22, 2009, 09:31 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Moody's magical eye quivered as it rested on Hermione. "You're another one who might think about a career as an Auror," he told her. "Mind works the right way, Granger."[br]Hermione flushed pink with pleasure.