Bill Nighy and Shredding the Secrets of the Ministry of Magic

DH Film
October 21, 2009, 06:47 AM

The always engaging Bill Nighy has given a new interview where he joked about the measures surrounding the script for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. In humorous remarks, Bill Nighy, who will be portraying Ministry of Magic Rufus Scrimgeour said "that he had to shred his scripts to be on the safe side. "They kill you, if you leave your script lying around or leave it on the bus, you're dead," he said, laughing."You have to sign a confidentiality (agreement) and stuff like that which is perfectly understandable. So if I tell you any more, they'll come round my house."

As previously reported here on Leaky, Bill Nighy has already filmed scenes for Deathly Hallows, and remarked on his co-stars including actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry): "It was very sweet, very nice to work with him, and with Emma and Rupert, and with David Yates as this is my fourth time working with him," he added at the Los Angeles premiere of his latest film, Astro Boy. "It's great. I thought I was going to be the only British actor of a certain age not to be in Harry Potter and it turned out not to be true so it's kind of cool."

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows continues production in England, with Part One due in theaters next year on November 19, 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Me_thumb

can’t wait!!!! so so so excited!!!

Posted by samhinrichs678 (WBM) on October 21, 2009, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Wow….so strict its funny—secret service for harry potter! any James Bond fans here? Harry Potter’s Secret Service!
=)

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on October 21, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter5pic2_thumb

I think he’s a good actor but he doesn’t really look like Scrimgeour to me.

Posted by kyramp on October 21, 2009, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

Cool Cool!

Ron1_thumb

Wow. I wonder what would seriously really happen if they let out information or left the script laying around.

Posted by Christine on October 21, 2009, 06:28 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I frankly am astounded that Warner Brothers has signed contracts with the actors to prevent anything concerning the scripts from being disclosed to the public. Although I am glad that they are trying to preserve the quality of the film and save us from unnecessary spoilers, I cannot help but wonder whether these intentions will backfire with restricted media and information to actually encourage people to see the film.

That said, I look forward to seeing Bill Nighy as Rufus Scrimgeour.

Posted by Kirk on October 21, 2009, 07:23 PM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

This was an exciting piece of news. I can’t wait to see how he looks. I wonder if he will look anything like what I picture him to look like. Especially the scene at the Borrow.

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on October 21, 2009, 07:35 PM report to moderator
Jan08_05_thumb

Thats cool How Every actors Of that Age Wants to be in Harry Potter.

Posted by Jay_Lock on October 21, 2009, 07:43 PM report to moderator
Img_10000_thumb

I would love to see just a glimps!

Posted by secrets on October 21, 2009, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Picture_029_thumb

Oh, that would be soo cool. Stumbling upon a HP script on the bus! XP

ps: you know, he looks familiar…

Posted by AyuSaraswati on October 21, 2009, 10:22 PM report to moderator
M005_edited-1_thumb

Ahaha, so funny; but scary… They just don’t want to spoil the movie. :)

Posted by ginevrapotter07 on October 21, 2009, 10:59 PM report to moderator
27112008419_thumb

juz keep up the good work….nice….

Posted by jayrkreisler on October 21, 2009, 11:40 PM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

I can’t wait to see Bill as Rufus Scrimgeour in DH!!!

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on October 22, 2009, 12:19 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

I love Bill Nighy!! He’s amazing, especially in the movie where he sang a Christmas pop song and was trying to get away from that persona… Loved it! Can’t wait to see him as Scrimgeour!!

Posted by JessSnape on October 22, 2009, 01:36 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

I know the film you mean, it was called “Love Actually”, and he was indeed very funny in a laid back way. I saw him recently in an oldish film called “Blow Dry” in which he was a hairdresser in a national competition up against Alan Rickman.

Posted by Graymayne on October 22, 2009, 03:35 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Harry, Ron, Seamus, Dean, and Neville changed into their dress robes up in their dormitory, all of them looking very self-conscious, but none as much as Ron, who surveyed himself in the long mirror in the corner with an appalled look on his face. There wa