Bill Nighy and Shredding the Secrets of the Ministry of Magic

DH Film
October 21, 2009, 06:47 AM

The always engaging Bill Nighy has given a new interview where he joked about the measures surrounding the script for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. In humorous remarks, Bill Nighy, who will be portraying Ministry of Magic Rufus Scrimgeour said "that he had to shred his scripts to be on the safe side. "They kill you, if you leave your script lying around or leave it on the bus, you're dead," he said, laughing."You have to sign a confidentiality (agreement) and stuff like that which is perfectly understandable. So if I tell you any more, they'll come round my house."

As previously reported here on Leaky, Bill Nighy has already filmed scenes for Deathly Hallows, and remarked on his co-stars including actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry): "It was very sweet, very nice to work with him, and with Emma and Rupert, and with David Yates as this is my fourth time working with him," he added at the Los Angeles premiere of his latest film, Astro Boy. "It's great. I thought I was going to be the only British actor of a certain age not to be in Harry Potter and it turned out not to be true so it's kind of cool."

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows continues production in England, with Part One due in theaters next year on November 19, 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

2nd!!

I agree ginevrapotter07!! xD

Posted by humbert0 on October 21, 2009, 07:23 AM report to moderator

I love that he’s going to be in the HP movies =)

Posted by Leeann on October 21, 2009, 07:36 AM report to moderator
74123_141617022553882_107847329264185_201379_264575_n_thumb

Interesting but sadly the movies must come to an end, and I agree also with ginevrapotter07.

Posted by Ballycastle Bats fan on October 21, 2009, 07:47 AM report to moderator
Micleakyavatar_thumb

He’s so cool….

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on October 21, 2009, 07:58 AM report to moderator

He’ll make a good Scrimgeor

Posted by madman1277 on October 21, 2009, 08:27 AM report to moderator
My_avatar_thumb

more perfect casting!

Posted by SnapesSilverDoe on October 21, 2009, 08:54 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

Nice interview!!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on October 21, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

He doesn’t fit my image of Rufus, but I am a fan of Bill Nighy and his work so I am looking forward to seeing him as Rufus. I know he will do a great job.

Posted by Figment on October 21, 2009, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I like Bill Nighy but I wish they would give him a red wig or something to actually make him look like Rufus Scrimgour.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on October 21, 2009, 11:20 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Cool! I can’t wait to see him play the role… to me it seems to be a perfect match! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on October 21, 2009, 11:23 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I have no doubt he will be an outstanding Scrimgeour…

Posted by Won_Two on October 21, 2009, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

That is great… I I’m really looking forward to seeing him in that role!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on October 21, 2009, 01:07 PM report to moderator
Chibilupin_thumb

Glad to know WB are keeping a tight grip on the script. I think Bill Nighy will make a good Scrimgeour.

Posted by moony_lupin on October 21, 2009, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

Yeah, but it’s making me more excited.. And it’s more than a year way!

Posted by MikeMagpuyo on October 21, 2009, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_misc_001_thumb

awesome…..and I can see people wanting to get their hands on those scripts. I’d shred them too!

Posted by stenojoz on October 21, 2009, 02:17 PM report to moderator

"Master... Master..." he murmured.[br]The Death Eaters behind him did the same; each of them approaching Voldemort on his knees and kissing his robes, before backing away and standing up, forming a silent circle, which enclosed Tom Riddle's grave, Harry,