Three Nominations for Half-Blood Prince Film at People's Choice Awards

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
October 20, 2009, 06:26 PM

Nominations for the 2010 People's Choice Awards have been announced and include a number of nods for the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film.  The sixth Potter film was nominated in the "Favorite Movie" category against such other films as Star Trek, Angels and Demon, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and others.  Next, the Harry Potter trio; Dan Radcliffe (Harry), Rupert Grint (Ron), and Emma Watson (Hermione); have been nominated for the "Favorite On Screen Team" award.  Finally, the Harry Potter films have been nominated in the "Favorite Franchise" category.

Voting is now open via this link for the 2010 People's Choice Awards, which are slated to be broadcast live on CBS on January 6, 2010.

Many congratulations!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

I agree with whoever said that the award show was biased. Because we all know Harry Potter is better than Twilight, but yet these days, more often that not, you’ll meet a Twilight lover rather than a Harry Potter one. I only have two friends who have read and liked Harry Potter. I have over ten who like Twilight. I think that the romance wins, even if it is unrealistic. Harry Potter is fantasy. but its almost like you are expecting to find Hogwarts after you finish reading it. It wasn’t that way with Twilight.

Posted by Hope on October 21, 2009, 11:27 PM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

Congrats guys!!!! That’s really great!! Now I’m off to vote for Harry Potter in all of the categories it was nominated!!!!

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on October 21, 2009, 11:34 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Just voted! I hope HP wins!!!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on October 22, 2009, 12:13 AM report to moderator

Harry Potter deserves to win it, I hope they do, if not, im quite sure Part 1 and 2 of 7 are shaping up to be spectacular

Posted by madman1277 on October 22, 2009, 12:26 AM report to moderator
My_avatar_thumb

thats it my votes are cast for HP all the way

Posted by SnapesSilverDoe on October 22, 2009, 01:03 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

So the people in each category are all the same!! We need some new people to vote for instead of the same people over and over again (except HP, of course!)

Posted by JessSnape on October 22, 2009, 01:49 AM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

Honestly I’ve had enough of awards shows like this where its voted for by fans, but because they allow people to vote over and over again HP loses to Twilight because somehow Twilight fans manage to have the time to vote several times a day and
HP fans actually seem to have lives so we don’t spend every waking moment voting on crap like this. When you allow people to vote more than once each it becomes extremely unfair and inaccurate. I like twilight its entertaining, but that’s it. I’m still
blown away that anyone compares it with HP. There is no comparison, HP is superior by far no contest! Ugh its so irritating! I’m just so sick of seeing Twilight win at these kinds of awards shows over and over again when it barely even deserves
to be nominated in the first place while movies like HP that truly deserve to win lose all because our fans just don’t have that kind of time to spend all day everyday voting for this stuff the way that twilight fans seem to. I watched this same crap happen at the Scream awards just this past weekend. I’m sorry but Taylor Lautner winning for breakout performance or breakout star in Twilight is a joke, he was in it for a grand total of maybe only 3 minutes at best! Its ridiculous! Again many more worthy nominees losing because of unfair inaccurate unbalanced voting. Anyway my point is that allowing people to vote more than once needs to be done away with, each person’s vote should be counted once instead of one person’s vote counting 200 times and the other person’s vote only counting twice. Sorry for the essay, this just REALLY annoys me!

Posted by bella vita on October 22, 2009, 01:58 AM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_thumb

congrats :p

Posted by vintervarg on October 22, 2009, 02:01 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

HP definitely deserves the win, I especially hope the trio wins, I couldn’t imagine anyone else playing those three!!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on October 22, 2009, 02:32 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Bella vita, you have a point there.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on October 22, 2009, 03:32 AM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

I voted, I hope others will vote of Harry Potter as well.

Posted by Figment on October 22, 2009, 03:33 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

voted

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on October 22, 2009, 03:44 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Cool (:
I’m going to go vote now x]

Posted by IloveDobby on October 22, 2009, 05:09 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

go HP!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 22, 2009, 09:09 AM report to moderator
781875269_029f43fa6f_thumb

Voted! HP is gonna win I’m sure of it
So are the actors/actresses

Posted by ashim_gryffindor (Roar!) on October 22, 2009, 10:08 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I didn't think of Voldemort," said Harry honestly. "I -- I remembered those dementors."[br]"I see," said Lupin thoughtfully. "Well, well... I'm impressed." He smiled slightly at the look of surprise on Harry's face. "That suggests that what you fear most