Video, Photo of Tom Felton Presenting at Young Film Critics of the Year Awards

Felton
October 19, 2009, 11:38 AM

Last week actor Tom Felton (Draco) presented awards to young film fans at a special event held in the UK. Today, there is some great new video of Tom presenting at the Young Film Critics of the Year Awards which also contains a short new interview with Tom. Thanks as well to FilmClub who sent us this photo of Tom with the two winners: Rosemary Collins and Phoebe Lawrance. You can read their winning film reviews here at this link. While at the awards, Tom answered a few questions as follows:

FC: "You are here today at the Young Critics Awards, giving out awards to two FILMCLUB members who have reviewed films on the site.  Do you read your own film reviews?"

Tom Felton: "Yes, it was a great honour (to give out the award) I personally don’t go searching, not that I don’t appreciate the comments or opinions of other people, I like to hear what the fans have got to say.  I confess that I have a very good girlfriend who manages to email me all the best ones but I get quite a biased opinion of the films! I remember speaking to the director of the Harry Potter films and we both said, there’s going to be so many pros and so many(cons)…because there’s going to be thousands of reviews people are going to love it, or people are going to hate it. You’ve just got to take what you can from it really."

FC: "What do you think about FILMCLUB?"

Tom Felton: "I think it’s a fantastic initiative. I think FILMCLUB…a getting kids into films is a great idea but the idea of getting them into films as a group is even better.   I’m actually quite a lonely go-er to the cinema, I go quite often by myself but nothing beats going with a group of people.  Even if people disagree with what you think of the film its kind of good.  You kind of learn who you are by going to films with different people really.  I think it’s a great way to interact with other kids and see what’s out there."

Thanks much to Film Club and Anna!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

781875269_029f43fa6f_thumb

Great interview, i think the same thing, from a fan’s point of view

Posted by ashim_gryffindor (Roar!) on October 20, 2009, 03:56 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

Awesome interview!! It’s great that Tom is taking part in the FILMCLUB.

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on October 20, 2009, 04:13 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Great interview …. congrats to all who won awards. I love Tom, he’s so brilliant!! :D

Postejeunes4_thumb

That’s funny, I love to go to the cinema by myself as well. But he’s right. Nothing beats a group.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on October 20, 2009, 04:46 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I don’t go to the cinema myself. I usually go with family since cinema is more a family day out.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 20, 2009, 05:54 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Oh yeah well done tom!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 20, 2009, 05:55 AM report to moderator
M005_edited-1_thumb

Aww, Tom, why do you have to mention ‘good girlfriend’? =( . . . . . . anyway, you rock! <3

Posted by ginevrapotter07 on October 20, 2009, 06:37 AM report to moderator
_gickr

TOM FELTON! YEA… nice interview! he totally is more than we could have seen. :))

Posted by vampressISap0tter *ROAR* on October 20, 2009, 06:43 AM report to moderator
_gickr

TOm felton..Draco..

its good he encourages people. :)

Posted by vampressISap0tter *ROAR* on October 20, 2009, 06:45 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

Oh Tom is SO cute!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on October 20, 2009, 06:47 AM report to moderator
New_image_thumb

Tom….you’re cool!! Love yah!!

Posted by ♫♣*{ȡa!ζy__ßeLL}*♣♫ on October 20, 2009, 07:19 AM report to moderator
____73_thumb

XDXDXD

Posted by wing on October 20, 2009, 07:49 AM report to moderator
____73_thumb

XDXDXD

Posted by wing on October 20, 2009, 07:49 AM report to moderator
Animation_thumb

what a cutie nice job tom

Posted by lilmisssnape on October 20, 2009, 08:16 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Very nice…

Posted by Won_Two on October 20, 2009, 08:52 AM report to moderator

"I tell you all this... not to turn you against Horace -- or, as we must now call him, Professor Slughorn -- but to put you on your guard. He will undoubtedly try to collect you, Harry. You would be the jewel of his collection; 'the Boy Who Lived'... or,