Video, Photo of Tom Felton Presenting at Young Film Critics of the Year Awards

Felton
October 19, 2009, 11:38 AM

Last week actor Tom Felton (Draco) presented awards to young film fans at a special event held in the UK. Today, there is some great new video of Tom presenting at the Young Film Critics of the Year Awards which also contains a short new interview with Tom. Thanks as well to FilmClub who sent us this photo of Tom with the two winners: Rosemary Collins and Phoebe Lawrance. You can read their winning film reviews here at this link. While at the awards, Tom answered a few questions as follows:

FC: "You are here today at the Young Critics Awards, giving out awards to two FILMCLUB members who have reviewed films on the site.  Do you read your own film reviews?"

Tom Felton: "Yes, it was a great honour (to give out the award) I personally don’t go searching, not that I don’t appreciate the comments or opinions of other people, I like to hear what the fans have got to say.  I confess that I have a very good girlfriend who manages to email me all the best ones but I get quite a biased opinion of the films! I remember speaking to the director of the Harry Potter films and we both said, there’s going to be so many pros and so many(cons)…because there’s going to be thousands of reviews people are going to love it, or people are going to hate it. You’ve just got to take what you can from it really."

FC: "What do you think about FILMCLUB?"

Tom Felton: "I think it’s a fantastic initiative. I think FILMCLUB…a getting kids into films is a great idea but the idea of getting them into films as a group is even better.   I’m actually quite a lonely go-er to the cinema, I go quite often by myself but nothing beats going with a group of people.  Even if people disagree with what you think of the film its kind of good.  You kind of learn who you are by going to films with different people really.  I think it’s a great way to interact with other kids and see what’s out there."

Thanks much to Film Club and Anna!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Brilliant interview; thanks Tom! : D

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on October 19, 2009, 12:37 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

he’s so awesome!

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on October 19, 2009, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_girl_thumb

What a cool idea! Great interview!

Posted by LadySidi on October 19, 2009, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

he rox

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on October 19, 2009, 04:05 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Oh i cant belive so me people booed him.

Posted by The Nerd on October 19, 2009, 04:14 PM report to moderator

xD cool

Posted by humbert0 on October 19, 2009, 04:28 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

he sounds like such a nice person!

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on October 19, 2009, 05:24 PM report to moderator
Triogrounds2cut_thumb

Tee-hee, I go to the movies by myself sometimes too. My parents are like “you know you could invite someone…it’s so sad”…but I really like it. Then no one gets annoyed when you cry. Which I do a lot during movies. But I also like going with people who I can annoy by talking through the whole thing.

Posted by kayzz on October 19, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

TOm!! =D i couldn’t finished read it!! i have to go!! =(

Wicca_thumb

That is cool.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 19, 2009, 07:25 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

That is so cool, Tom!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 19, 2009, 07:26 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

This is so cool, Tom!!!!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 19, 2009, 07:27 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_wearing_by_mazza_909_thumb

Great interview and it’s really excellent that he gets out there to promote kids going to the cinema.

Posted by Genine_Malfoy on October 19, 2009, 07:36 PM report to moderator
Image

My friend says," Cool you rock."

Posted by magicmaniac on October 19, 2009, 08:04 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Squee for Tom! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on October 19, 2009, 08:33 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I am going to lock you in. It is --" he consulted his watch, "five minutes to midnight. Miss Granger, three turns should do it. Good luck."