Wizards Wrock 4 Equality

Fans
Posted by: Melissa
October 16, 2009, 12:14 PM

As already noted in the Wall Street Journal this morning, the HP Alliance and wizard rock bands are performing a "Wrock 4 Equality" rally over the next two weekends. You can catch special coverage on the Internet via our joint Leaky/HPA channel at livestream.com/pottercast.

At 3pm this Sunday, October 18, you can join Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood in the HP films), Paul DeGeorge (Harry and the Potters), Lauren Fairweather (The Moaning Myrtles) and Brian Ross (Draco and the Malfoys), who are acting heads of house for the HPA, for a one-day House Cup competition combining equality efforts with points earned.

Then, on Oct 24, wrock bands Harry and the Potters and Draco and the Malfoys will perform in Maine; the concert will be streamed online at http://www.livestream.com/pottercast.  After the concert, attendees in Portland will canvass and those watching online will have the opportunity to phone bank with Mass. and Maine Equality foundations. A second concert will close the day out.

The effort centers around Maine's Nov. 3 marriage ballot initiative. Full details may be found at http://thehpalliance.org/wrock4equality.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

awesome finally a wrock concert where I live.. so pumped up!!

Posted by Bradyboy on October 17, 2009, 11:50 PM report to moderator
Ka4j6h_thumb

Is it 3 pm EST?

Posted by Minihippogriff on October 18, 2009, 12:47 AM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Good for Evanna Lynch. Such cool people! :D

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on October 18, 2009, 04:06 AM report to moderator
Autumn2_thumb

BewareoftheNargles, I think it’s 8pm for us in the UK!

Posted by palantiriel on October 18, 2009, 05:31 AM report to moderator
Snarry_thumb

SQUEEEEEE!!!! YES!!

Posted by /Sav-vySlasher/ on October 18, 2009, 10:25 AM report to moderator
Snarry_thumb

I’ve never been to a WRock concert either so I really hope I can go b/c my friends and I will be in NYC that day so maybe we can take a really, really, really long car trip up to Maine to see them!!!!! Or maybe I’ll just have to wait….=/

Posted by /Sav-vySlasher/ on October 18, 2009, 10:27 AM report to moderator

Maybe I’ll actually get to go to a Wrock concert (I’ve never been)! But they seriously need to go to NH!

Posted by elaphantluv34 on October 18, 2009, 11:15 AM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

want to listen!!

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on October 18, 2009, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

want to listen!!

Sounds awesome.

Posted by Leeann on October 19, 2009, 11:26 PM report to moderator

This Mainer won’t be able to attend, but I will certainly do my part on election day. If there are any other Mainers out there, remember to vote NO on Question 1 to support and defend gay marriage.

Posted by jeannemclROAR on October 20, 2009, 03:54 AM report to moderator
Trust-me-doctor_thumb

This is an amazing effort for a great cause. I’ll be watching on Saturday!

Posted by earyn on October 20, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator

"Want one, Granger?" said Malfoy, holding out a badge to Hermione. "I've got loads. But don't touch my hand, now. I've just washed it, you see; I don't want a Mudblood sliming it up."