Interview with a Death Eater on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

OotP Film
October 16, 2009, 06:55 AM

There is a new interview online today with a young actor named James Williamson who has been cast as a Death Eater in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. While there is no name available for the follower of the Dark Lord, the Hertforshire Mecury reports "The 25-year-old, from Peartree Farm in Wood End, landed the role after going for an audition at Leavesden Studios in Watford. James is keeping tight-lipped about the name of his character but hopes to reveal it once filming starts next week. He said: “I’ll be playing a Death Eater, which is a bad wizard that follows the orders of Lord Voldemort by trying to destroy Harry Potter.”
At the moment James does not know if he will have any lines. He will find out only when he begins filming on Thursday."

The piece continues: James admits that he only watched the first few Harry Potter films but says he has been doing his research.He said: “I’ve been doing quite a lot of research and I also had to attend a boot camp, where we were taught how to do spells and some marital arts. “I’ve had to learn the lingo JK Rowling uses and it’s been difficult grasping the language and technical words she uses.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent OotP Film News

He was trained in “Marital” Arts!? I thought this was a PG movie.

Posted by rhk on October 20, 2009, 08:12 AM report to moderator
Photo_41_thumb

neat

Posted by rebel on October 20, 2009, 05:09 PM report to moderator
5_thumb

I’m so excited for this movie!

Posted by hopkinsdancr22 on October 22, 2009, 08:36 AM report to moderator

hp boot camp =)

Posted by Leeann on November 03, 2009, 11:16 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I just thought now, it is crazy how young this guy is. I always pictured Death Eaters to be from the Maurauder era – you know, all classmates of James and Lily and Sirius. But I guess they can be young too. It almost makes it scarier.

Posted by Smitch on November 05, 2009, 10:59 AM report to moderator

"Pettigrew owes his life to you. You have sent Voldemort a deputy who is in your debt.... When one wizard saves another wizard's life, it creates a certain bond between them... and I'm much mistaken if Voldemort wants his servant in the debt of Harry Pott