Interview with a Death Eater on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

OotP Film
October 16, 2009, 06:55 AM

There is a new interview online today with a young actor named James Williamson who has been cast as a Death Eater in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. While there is no name available for the follower of the Dark Lord, the Hertforshire Mecury reports "The 25-year-old, from Peartree Farm in Wood End, landed the role after going for an audition at Leavesden Studios in Watford. James is keeping tight-lipped about the name of his character but hopes to reveal it once filming starts next week. He said: “I’ll be playing a Death Eater, which is a bad wizard that follows the orders of Lord Voldemort by trying to destroy Harry Potter.”
At the moment James does not know if he will have any lines. He will find out only when he begins filming on Thursday."

The piece continues: James admits that he only watched the first few Harry Potter films but says he has been doing his research.He said: “I’ve been doing quite a lot of research and I also had to attend a boot camp, where we were taught how to do spells and some marital arts. “I’ve had to learn the lingo JK Rowling uses and it’s been difficult grasping the language and technical words she uses.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent OotP Film News

Animation_thumb

i would love to go to HP boot camp

Posted by lilmisssnape on October 16, 2009, 03:02 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

He kind of looks like a Death Eater.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 16, 2009, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

He kind of looks like a Death Eater.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 16, 2009, 03:52 PM report to moderator
27112008419_thumb

its really great….

Posted by jayrkreisler on October 16, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator

hm….IF he starts filming on thursday and Ralph Fiennes is right now filming Malfoy Manor Scenes, odds are on Malfoy Manor Scenes, probably the first chapter or the “angry after Gringotts” scene

Posted by Giant Fairy on October 16, 2009, 06:54 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

LMAO! “It’s been difficult to grasp the language and technical words she uses.” WHAT ENGLISH?! I’m assuming he’s talking about mudblood and various spells and other wizard terminology.

I have a feeling he probably won’t have any speaking lines. But I don’t remember death eaters being at Gringotts. I know there was one that Harry used the Imperius curse on, so maybe he’s playing that guy. I can’t wait!! If they’re filming Gringotts stuff…shouldn’t Emma be there?! She’s still in school.

Posted by cghambright on October 16, 2009, 07:47 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_wearing_by_mazza_909_thumb

Oh! I so want to see Malfoy Manor!

Posted by Genine_Malfoy on October 16, 2009, 08:45 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot wait to hear which character he is playing and hopes he does the character justice! He certainly looks promising.

Posted by Kirk on October 16, 2009, 10:21 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

whoa so cool! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on October 16, 2009, 10:24 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I wonder who he is!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 16, 2009, 11:09 PM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Yeah me too #1 Witch!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on October 16, 2009, 11:22 PM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

Cool Deatheater!

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on October 16, 2009, 11:40 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

COOL!!!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on October 17, 2009, 12:15 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Awesome! :)

Posted by Christine on October 17, 2009, 12:17 AM report to moderator
New_image_thumb

thrilling!!

Posted by ♫♣*{ȡa!ζy__ßeLL}*♣♫ on October 17, 2009, 12:37 AM report to moderator

"Hermione, let me read your composition," said Ron desperately, checking his watch.[br]"No, I won't," said Hermione, suddenly severe. "You've had ten days to finish it."[br]"I only need another two inches, come on."[br]The bell rang. Ron and Hermione led

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014