First Footage of "Deathly Hallows" to be Included on "Half-Blood Prince" Special Edition, Blu-Ray DVDs

DH Film
October 13, 2009, 07:38 PM

Some exciting news tonight as their is word that official footage from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movies will indeed be included on the special edition version of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD. First rumored here on TLC back in June, we can now see in the form of the back cover of the Special Edition DVD which will be released here in the US on December 8th. We do not know if this will be a trailer, or "sneak peek" like we saw with Half-Blood Prince on the OoTP DVD or what this may entail-stay tuned! Update: Thanks to WB we can confirm too that the DH footage will be on the Blu-Ray DVD as well as witnessed in new ad for all the upcoming DVDs, which you can see here in our Image Galleries.

Thanks Matt via DVD Empire!

On a related note, as reported several times previously, pre-orders for Half-Blood Prince including this Special Edition DVD are indeed available on Amazon.com and more.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

I have marked it on my calendar!! HP movie night:) I guess I need to start re-reading the series again so I can watch the movies as I finish the books:)

Posted by JessSnape on October 14, 2009, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

that’s so awesome! can’t wait! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on October 14, 2009, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Photo_540_thumb

awesome!!!!! :D This will be sweeet.

Posted by FijiSunrise. on October 14, 2009, 12:25 PM report to moderator
Hpv16_thumb

It’s probably just footage of them shooting for DH… it’d be really cool if it was some finished stuff though…. Anyway, I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited for a dvd, with the documentary and DH stuff…!! Can’t wait!

Posted by Mrs.Brisby on October 14, 2009, 12:57 PM report to moderator
Hbp_movie_thumb

Someone’s excited for all the extra HBP bits! Can not wait

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on October 14, 2009, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Deathly Hallows footage… OH MY GODRIC! =O We are going to be seeing footage from DEATHLY HALLOWS, people! *faints

Posted by Christine on October 14, 2009, 01:07 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

i am soo getting the HBP DVD the 1st day it comes out i am excited

Posted by alicia00 on October 14, 2009, 01:20 PM report to moderator
27112008419_thumb

goshhh….awesome…..cant wait…

Posted by jayrkreisler on October 14, 2009, 01:49 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

So is the footage going to be on the Blu-Ray version too?

Posted by CandyCane2304 on October 14, 2009, 01:58 PM report to moderator
Mv5bmje0njy5mte2nv5bml5banbnxkftztywnzu4mtk1

i cant waittt to get this on dvd. deffinetly getting the special edition!

Posted by Beckster235 on October 14, 2009, 02:17 PM report to moderator

This is EXCELLENT!!!! I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!! :D

Posted by hp-fan (Roar!) on October 14, 2009, 02:25 PM report to moderator
Hbpofficiallstills102_thumb

Moose_Starr I believe if I understood correctly it will be on the DVD but you have to buy the one that says Special Edition. I made that mistake with the OotP I bought the DVD but not the one that said Special Edition and got screwed out of a sneek peek :(:(:(

Posted by Harry Potter 4 Ever!! on October 14, 2009, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

All the better to have it on my Christmas list… or sooner!! : )

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on October 14, 2009, 03:16 PM report to moderator
Picture_324_thumb

Well, I’m definitely buying the special addition now. I just hope they put some good footage on there, not a lousy teaser or anything.

Posted by Scribbled [WBM] on October 14, 2009, 03:47 PM report to moderator

Wow! Nice thing to get xD

Posted by humbert0 on October 14, 2009, 03:50 PM report to moderator

"I specifically asked Professor Flitwick whether students were allowed to come in the Hog's Head, and he said yes, but he advised me strongly to bring our own glasses."