Robbie Coltrane Prepares to Film as Hagrid for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Coltrane
October 12, 2009, 08:04 PM

As many of the adult cast are returning to film their parts for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, there are new comments from Robbie Coltrane who portrays Hagrid. Set to film for the final time in his role as the beloved groundskeeper of Hogwarts, Robbie Coltrane speaks to the thought of completing the series, and notes "I think the last few days are gonna be quite tough," the actor told the Radio Times. "It's funny; I was talking to a few of the adults (on set) about this. And we were all going - 'Yeah, it's gonna be tough on the kids ...' Then eventually we were all, to a man and woman, saying: 'Yeah, it's gonna be pretty tough for me too ...' "  One thing he will not miss however, is wearing the giant sized bear he sports in each of the movies, and says "It's all horrible. But at the end of the day, they take it off and then two girls come down to my trailer with a pot of hot oil - really - they dissolve the beard, rub my face with oil, then rub it down with hot face cloths." Update: Thanks much to TLC reader Roonwit, we can now see the entire Radio Times article here in our galleries.

Earlier this week there was another interview with actor in the Daily Record, who elaborated on completing Potter stating "I regret the ending of Harry Potter for the obvious reasons of saying goodbye to a bunch of people with whom I've become very friendly over the years, but also because I will be giving up a regular income.You don't get too much of that in the world of acting."

The 59-year-old is equally worried for his young Potter co-stars. Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grinch [sic], as well as a host of other actors, have grown up on the sets of the film adaptations of JK Rowlings books.Rutherglen-born Robbie says: "For them the conclusion of the films will be like leaving school, saying goodbye to friends and going out into the big, wide world. "It's a huge step and it wouldn't be surprising if some of them, at least, felt nervous about making it."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Coltrane News

Hp98_thumb

aww… so sad
we need another book lol

Posted by louisV_chic♥ROAR♥ on October 15, 2009, 09:27 AM report to moderator
Image

It is all kind of sad it is all ending.I wonder if dan,rupert, and emma will stay in touch and friends.They have done this a lot of their lives.I know I do when I acting. :) :( :o

Posted by magicmaniac on October 15, 2009, 02:19 PM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

hahahaha, I hope Rupert Grinch doesn’t steal christmas…

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on October 15, 2009, 05:44 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

so sad…but we all knew it was going to end sometime… =[

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on October 16, 2009, 01:23 AM report to moderator

Dont know what im going to do with myself !

Posted by azna70 on October 17, 2009, 01:52 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I wonder if they’ve de-heated his costume over the years. I mean, the poor man must absolutely dread putting on all that gear. I’d be hiding weird things in my pockets, just for fun. You have to make some sort of celebration out of it!

Posted by Smitch on November 06, 2009, 03:07 AM report to moderator

[i]While Muggles have been told that Black is carrying a gun (a kind of metal wand that Muggles use to kill each other), the magical community lives in fear of a massacre like that of twelve years ago, when Black murdered thirteen people with a single cur