Robbie Coltrane Prepares to Film as Hagrid for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Coltrane
October 12, 2009, 08:04 PM

As many of the adult cast are returning to film their parts for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, there are new comments from Robbie Coltrane who portrays Hagrid. Set to film for the final time in his role as the beloved groundskeeper of Hogwarts, Robbie Coltrane speaks to the thought of completing the series, and notes "I think the last few days are gonna be quite tough," the actor told the Radio Times. "It's funny; I was talking to a few of the adults (on set) about this. And we were all going - 'Yeah, it's gonna be tough on the kids ...' Then eventually we were all, to a man and woman, saying: 'Yeah, it's gonna be pretty tough for me too ...' "  One thing he will not miss however, is wearing the giant sized bear he sports in each of the movies, and says "It's all horrible. But at the end of the day, they take it off and then two girls come down to my trailer with a pot of hot oil - really - they dissolve the beard, rub my face with oil, then rub it down with hot face cloths." Update: Thanks much to TLC reader Roonwit, we can now see the entire Radio Times article here in our galleries.

Earlier this week there was another interview with actor in the Daily Record, who elaborated on completing Potter stating "I regret the ending of Harry Potter for the obvious reasons of saying goodbye to a bunch of people with whom I've become very friendly over the years, but also because I will be giving up a regular income.You don't get too much of that in the world of acting."

The 59-year-old is equally worried for his young Potter co-stars. Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grinch [sic], as well as a host of other actors, have grown up on the sets of the film adaptations of JK Rowlings books.Rutherglen-born Robbie says: "For them the conclusion of the films will be like leaving school, saying goodbye to friends and going out into the big, wide world. "It's a huge step and it wouldn't be surprising if some of them, at least, felt nervous about making it."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Coltrane News

M005_edited-1_thumb

It’s ending… I can’t believe it’s ending… Jo, make another book before it’s all over!

Posted by ginevrapotter07 on October 13, 2009, 05:39 AM report to moderator
Diagon_thumb

I’m pretty sure Emma, Rupert and Dan will be fine after HP, they’ve all done other things and they’ll be pretty set from their earnings anyway. Everyone seems so sad that it’s finishing but Deathly Hallows (book) coming out, was sadder for me than the end of the films. Shame all things HP will be coming to a conclusion.

Posted by Sigourney♥ on October 13, 2009, 07:01 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

It will be sad and hard for all of them (not to mention us fans!)

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 13, 2009, 07:34 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I don’t want this to end :( What will I do after the movies come out?!

Posted by Christine on October 13, 2009, 07:48 AM report to moderator
B4_1__thumb

awww :( it so sad, all coming to an end :(

Posted by justanargle on October 13, 2009, 08:16 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

Can’t wait to see Hagrid fighting!
Accio Hagrid!!! :D

Posted by Matea on October 13, 2009, 08:51 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

Great interview! The main 3 young actors have experienced working on sets other than HP so I am sure they will be fine.
As hard as seeing the HP series come to an end is saddening to me, I can only imagine how difficult it will be for the actors who are now realising just how much of a family they will be leaving behind when the films are complete.

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on October 13, 2009, 09:20 AM report to moderator
373_thumb

awww! the end is cuming!

Posted by mystifiedbymuggles on October 13, 2009, 10:00 AM report to moderator

I too can’t stand the thought of all the books and movies being finished. I really enjoy the way Robbie plays Hagrid. Fortunately Robbie appears to be as kind and student friendly as Hagrid!

Posted by cindyst on October 13, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Oh my the end is so close! Aw I don’t want it to end!!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on October 13, 2009, 10:30 AM report to moderator
Trio_poster_thumb

Who wants to have a timetuner to turn time back, so we can be on the begginig of whole HP phenomenal?? I do!! :)

Posted by Petra on October 13, 2009, 11:47 AM report to moderator
Hpv16_thumb

I’m getting all choked up. :( The end is near….

Posted by Mrs.Brisby on October 13, 2009, 11:54 AM report to moderator

FIRST:o) right on!

Posted by johndeeregirl12 on October 13, 2009, 12:12 PM report to moderator
Hbp_movie_thumb

It’s sad, more and more there are article appearing about “the end”. It’s really coming, as odd as it sounds, soon the films will be done filming. At least we have LeakyCon to look forward to if anything

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on October 13, 2009, 12:18 PM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

second!

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on October 13, 2009, 12:18 PM report to moderator

"I sometimes find, and I am sure you know the feeling, that I simply have too many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind."[br]"Er," said Harry, who couldn't truthfully say that he had ever felt anything of the sort.