Warwick Davis On New Look Flitwick for the Harry Potter Films

Davis
October 11, 2009, 11:40 AM

For the over 15,000 of us who follow actor Warwick Davis on his official Twitter, we gained some insight on the change in appearance his character of Professor Flitwick has experienced during the course of the Harry Potter series. While we have heard some of this previous, Warwick Davis offered the following in a series of tweets this morning:
.So many of you have asked me the 'New look Flitwick' question, so I will answer it here, once and for all. When it came time to shoot 'Azkaban', there was no mention of 'Flitwick'' in the script. However, the producer still wanted me to be in the movie so he asked if I would play the role of 'Choir Master'. Of course, I said 'yes'. When it came time to shoot 'Goblet of Fire' the director, Michael Newell said he liked the look of the choir master, and from that moment, the character became known as 'Flitwick'.And that's all there is to it. Not that interesting really, is it? Let's have a quick show of Tweets - Old 'Flitwick' or New 'Flitwick''?

What say you? Feel free to weigh in the comments below. As a reminder too that as we first posted last month, fans will see a deleted scene with Flitwick and the choir on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD.  Warwick Davis will be see in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movies as both "Flitwick" and "Griphook," and will be filming his role in the very near days.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Davis News

Summer_trip__09_113_thumb

hmm. neiter of them was how i pictured him. But i think the whole ‘choir director’ thing is rather daft – why not just change his look but keep him as “Professor Flitwick” instead of “Choir Director” -DOES Hogwarts even have a choir????

Posted by HermioneWwannabe *ROAR* --%-{@ on October 14, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator

I liked the first!

Posted by humbert0 on October 15, 2009, 07:19 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Old Flitwick. Looks for wizardy.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on October 15, 2009, 07:58 AM report to moderator
Vm_wgvor_thumb

The old Flitwick- exactly how I imagined him to look!

Posted by Noel Potter on October 17, 2009, 09:24 AM report to moderator
Lunanargles_thumb

OLD FLITWICK WAS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by calliet2b4g on October 17, 2009, 09:24 PM report to moderator
20261_1274074097358_1395090330_30880094_3910781_n_thumb

I think a blending of the two looks would be best. The old Flitwick seemed too old and the new one too young. I would at least like to see some proper wizard’s robes on the new Flitwick.

Posted by Egor on October 17, 2009, 09:29 PM report to moderator
The_claw_normal_thumb

I saw the first two movies before I read the books, so I had no preconcieved picture in my mind… but I think the new Flitwick looks like something out of “Addams Family”, so I prefer the old one.

Posted by OrlandoDaddy [WBM] on October 18, 2009, 05:15 AM report to moderator
Ddom_thumb

Flitwick in the first two movies look inhuman. I wondered if he was a goblin or some kind of fantasy dwarf or something. Then when I went back to the books, no mention of it. So I like the new Flitwick better because he looks human…

Posted by Dergus Domwobby on October 19, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Avatars-kix_thumb

I was wondering why he looked different.

Posted by Nagini's dinner on February 09, 2010, 01:45 PM report to moderator

"Who d'you know who's lost a buttock?" the violet-haired woman asked Mad-Eye interestedly.[br]"Never you mind, you just keep your wand out of your back pocket!" growled Mad-Eye. "Elementary wand safety, nobody bothers about it anymore..."