Warwick Davis On New Look Flitwick for the Harry Potter Films

Davis
October 11, 2009, 11:40 AM

For the over 15,000 of us who follow actor Warwick Davis on his official Twitter, we gained some insight on the change in appearance his character of Professor Flitwick has experienced during the course of the Harry Potter series. While we have heard some of this previous, Warwick Davis offered the following in a series of tweets this morning:
.So many of you have asked me the 'New look Flitwick' question, so I will answer it here, once and for all. When it came time to shoot 'Azkaban', there was no mention of 'Flitwick'' in the script. However, the producer still wanted me to be in the movie so he asked if I would play the role of 'Choir Master'. Of course, I said 'yes'. When it came time to shoot 'Goblet of Fire' the director, Michael Newell said he liked the look of the choir master, and from that moment, the character became known as 'Flitwick'.And that's all there is to it. Not that interesting really, is it? Let's have a quick show of Tweets - Old 'Flitwick' or New 'Flitwick''?

What say you? Feel free to weigh in the comments below. As a reminder too that as we first posted last month, fans will see a deleted scene with Flitwick and the choir on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD.  Warwick Davis will be see in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movies as both "Flitwick" and "Griphook," and will be filming his role in the very near days.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Davis News

Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

Not really sure. I guess the choice is between mini Dumbledore or mini Teddy Roosevelt. I love the original look, but am used to the new look now. Either way Flitwick is a great character.

Posted by Xyra44 on October 13, 2009, 06:04 AM report to moderator
Avatardeathlyhallows_thumb

Both looks would fit Flitwick. I do prefer the old Flitwick. They have to change the face a bit, though.

Posted by Prosophules on October 13, 2009, 06:15 AM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I love the way he looks now. He looked odd in the first 2 movies, not really how I pictured him at all. I love the subtle things they have now, like at the end of Order of the Phoenix, when he was trying to be all cool about being excited about the end of Umbridge. That was awesome.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on October 13, 2009, 06:59 AM report to moderator
Avatar_moose_thumb

I like bits of both. I like old flitwicks slightly Gnarled look and white hair but maybe he looks a little too “creature like” wheras new flitwick looks a bit stiff? and his basin haircut looks like a wig. maybe a mix would be good :)

Posted by pinkmoosely on October 13, 2009, 07:41 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lsmfflgdix1r2dfmyo4_500_thumb

better follow him on twitter, but i like the old one

Posted by ceweez on October 13, 2009, 08:01 AM report to moderator

I think both of them fit the description fine for movies, but in my opinion the 1st

Posted by madman1277 on October 13, 2009, 08:30 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

Deifinitely the Old Flitwick!!!

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on October 13, 2009, 08:34 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

I’m just too used to the new Flitwick to go back. He was funny in HBP.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on October 13, 2009, 10:07 AM report to moderator
Dsc05228_thumb

I’m down with either as long as Warwick plays it

Posted by ProfKnight on October 13, 2009, 11:18 AM report to moderator
Dsc05228_thumb

ps i was his 26th fan on twitter :D

Posted by ProfKnight on October 13, 2009, 11:19 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I prefer the “new” one…

Posted by Won_Two on October 13, 2009, 02:06 PM report to moderator

New Flitwick. He looks more human, and smarter, more Ravenclaw.

Posted by sgt_majorette on October 13, 2009, 02:45 PM report to moderator

new!!!

Posted by lizzylizace on October 13, 2009, 05:12 PM report to moderator

Old Flitwick seems more original. Can’t understand why there is a choir master in the first place. Don’t recall the choir master in the books at all.

Posted by Spook on October 13, 2009, 07:51 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

I like old Flitwick… I didn’t start reading the books until after I had seen the first trailer, so that is just how I have always seen him…(first time I tried to read when i was like 6, i could get past Hargid on Sirius’ bike – he scared me – but i wanted to see the movie and mom wouldn’t let me until i had read the book… 7 times through SS later i still hadn’t seen the movie and mom wished i’d never heard of Harry… lol)

Posted by samhinrichs678 (WBM) on October 14, 2009, 07:17 AM report to moderator

"Anyone else's parents got a problem with Harry?" he said aggressively.[br]"My parents are Muggles, mate," said Dean, shrugging. "They don't know nothing about no deaths at Hogwarts, because I'm not stupid enough to tell them."