Warwick Davis On New Look Flitwick for the Harry Potter Films

Davis
October 11, 2009, 11:40 AM

For the over 15,000 of us who follow actor Warwick Davis on his official Twitter, we gained some insight on the change in appearance his character of Professor Flitwick has experienced during the course of the Harry Potter series. While we have heard some of this previous, Warwick Davis offered the following in a series of tweets this morning:
.So many of you have asked me the 'New look Flitwick' question, so I will answer it here, once and for all. When it came time to shoot 'Azkaban', there was no mention of 'Flitwick'' in the script. However, the producer still wanted me to be in the movie so he asked if I would play the role of 'Choir Master'. Of course, I said 'yes'. When it came time to shoot 'Goblet of Fire' the director, Michael Newell said he liked the look of the choir master, and from that moment, the character became known as 'Flitwick'.And that's all there is to it. Not that interesting really, is it? Let's have a quick show of Tweets - Old 'Flitwick' or New 'Flitwick''?

What say you? Feel free to weigh in the comments below. As a reminder too that as we first posted last month, fans will see a deleted scene with Flitwick and the choir on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD.  Warwick Davis will be see in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movies as both "Flitwick" and "Griphook," and will be filming his role in the very near days.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Davis News

Downsized_0124001234a_thumb

Old look.
He was quite eccentric in the original movies and I liked that look much better.

Posted by Olivia Elaine a.k.a Agent Pomplamoose on October 12, 2009, 08:23 AM report to moderator
Downsized_0124001234a_thumb

Old look.

I think I like the new better…

Posted by Leeann on October 12, 2009, 09:02 AM report to moderator
Dragon-small_thumb

Old Flitwick without a doubt, both with the costume and the character itself.

Posted by Wolfheart (WBM!) on October 12, 2009, 09:05 AM report to moderator
Dobbyavvie_thumb

I like the old Flitwick. I really hate the random addition of a choir. It just annoys me and seems so un-Hogwarts. I suppose I don’t mind the look of the new Flitwick so much, but the choir thing is too much. I still prefer the old Flitwick, even down to the way the character was played out, how he had a very-high pitched voice and stood on books and the excitement with which he commended Hermione.

Posted by Scarlet~Phoenix on October 12, 2009, 09:25 AM report to moderator

Well, well, I am surprised! I always thought there was a change of actor between movie #2 & #3—the look was so different. I prefer the old Flitwick of SS & CofS: it seems to capture the gentlemanly aspect of the character: from OotP we hear from the students: YOu know what Flitwick’s like, to paraphrase, he treated Umbridge with lots of courtesy and politeness during his inspection—I think that fits the old look better than the new ….

Posted by sampsongregory on October 12, 2009, 09:36 AM report to moderator
N1012410067_30004165_424_thumb

Finally the mystery is revealed!

It still galls me that we get a minute and a half of Flitwick directing the choir but no additional Greyback/Lupin/Harry-Dumbledore. Bah.

Posted by Olivia on October 12, 2009, 09:52 AM report to moderator
Hp_pic_of_me_thumb

i prefer the old flitwick better, it’s just more of what I pictured flitwick would look like

Posted by Ruby Hagrid {WBM} on October 12, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Hpv16_thumb

hmm, neither one is how I picture Flitwick… when I’m reading. But I guess I like new Flitwick better… they went a little overboard with the makeup on old Flitwick…

Posted by Mrs.Brisby on October 12, 2009, 10:20 AM report to moderator
Animation_thumb

i like the new one better

Posted by lilmisssnape on October 12, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

i like the old look

Posted by alicia00 on October 12, 2009, 11:12 AM report to moderator
Toco_toucan_thumb

Definitely the old Flitwick. This look just isn’t what i can easily picture.

Posted by phoenixy_friend on October 12, 2009, 11:16 AM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

idk….choir director flitwick seems so random to me. like, wth where did this come from? i dont have super strong feelings but im leaning more towards old flitwick

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on October 12, 2009, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

I prefer the old look better, it was more like the discriptions of him in the book.

Posted by Figment on October 12, 2009, 12:49 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

awesome, but i already knew that.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on October 12, 2009, 12:56 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"But I don't think you're ugly," said Harry, bemused.[br]Hermione laughed.[br]"Harry, you're worse than Ron... Well, no, you're not," she sighed, as Ron himself came stumping into the Hall splattered with mud and looking grumpy.