Warwick Davis On New Look Flitwick for the Harry Potter Films

Davis
October 11, 2009, 11:40 AM

For the over 15,000 of us who follow actor Warwick Davis on his official Twitter, we gained some insight on the change in appearance his character of Professor Flitwick has experienced during the course of the Harry Potter series. While we have heard some of this previous, Warwick Davis offered the following in a series of tweets this morning:
.So many of you have asked me the 'New look Flitwick' question, so I will answer it here, once and for all. When it came time to shoot 'Azkaban', there was no mention of 'Flitwick'' in the script. However, the producer still wanted me to be in the movie so he asked if I would play the role of 'Choir Master'. Of course, I said 'yes'. When it came time to shoot 'Goblet of Fire' the director, Michael Newell said he liked the look of the choir master, and from that moment, the character became known as 'Flitwick'.And that's all there is to it. Not that interesting really, is it? Let's have a quick show of Tweets - Old 'Flitwick' or New 'Flitwick''?

What say you? Feel free to weigh in the comments below. As a reminder too that as we first posted last month, fans will see a deleted scene with Flitwick and the choir on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD.  Warwick Davis will be see in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movies as both "Flitwick" and "Griphook," and will be filming his role in the very near days.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Davis News

Harry_potter_characters_thumb

new ‘choir master’ fitwick, i don’t know, that’s just how i imagined him when i read the books :)

Posted by olivia_weasley_232 {*ROAR*} on October 12, 2009, 04:26 AM report to moderator
Img_0004_thumb

Old. That’s how I see him in the books. He’s seems more likable with the wispy hair and lighter colors. Choir Master is a cool character, but I never saw him as Flitwick.

Posted by neeshaknowsall on October 12, 2009, 04:38 AM report to moderator
Harrypotterandtheorderofthephoenix1412801_thumb

i like the old flitwick!!!

Posted by hpfan8932 on October 12, 2009, 04:41 AM report to moderator
Image

cool.

Posted by magicmaniac on October 12, 2009, 05:08 AM report to moderator
2004_hp_and_the_prisoner_of_azkaban_012_thumb

Old Flitwick, definately. Liked the Choir master look, but it’s not Flitwick.

Posted by The Gryffindor Fox - ROAR! on October 12, 2009, 05:09 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I always thought the “old flitwick” was powerful…

Posted by vandy[FTC] on October 12, 2009, 05:21 AM report to moderator

I like the look of the “New Flitwick” but wish that he still would have been the Charms Professor. Would have been cool if he’s been charming inannimate objects into playing or singing.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on October 12, 2009, 05:26 AM report to moderator
Baron_haru___shall_we_dance____by_jasminealexandra_thumb

old flitwick definately

Posted by Ganduean-Vampiress on October 12, 2009, 05:29 AM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0183_thumb

I like the old look better…it just looks more “Flitwicky” ,if you know what I mean.

Posted by LulubelleI {WBM} on October 12, 2009, 05:31 AM report to moderator
New_image_thumb

i like the old Flitwick..the succeeding HP book adaptations were not so close the the books actually..i like the first two books to be honest!!Flitwick was far more himself in the first two adaptations than the last 4..

Posted by ♫♣*{ȡa!ζy__ßeLL}*♣♫ on October 12, 2009, 05:55 AM report to moderator
Hbp_movie_thumb

I don’t really have a definitive opinion, for me Flitwick was just Flitwick in the movies. The movie Flitwick is so very different from my personal book Flitwick that I am just happy Flitwick is in the films. Although, if I have to chose, I do think “new” Flitwick is a little more Flitwickier

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on October 12, 2009, 05:58 AM report to moderator
M005_edited-1_thumb

I don’t remember his OLD look. So… new. It is professory lookin’. :)

Posted by ginevrapotter07 on October 12, 2009, 05:59 AM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

I prefer the old look.

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on October 12, 2009, 06:13 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I like the New Flitwick. He’s how I imagined Flitwick. And personally, it doesn’t really matter since they never even show Charms classes really.

Posted by Christine on October 12, 2009, 06:37 AM report to moderator

I like the old flitwick

Posted by ravenclaw_girl42 on October 12, 2009, 07:39 AM report to moderator

"You're less like your father than I thought," he said finally, a definite coolness in his voice. "The risk would've been what made it fun for James."