New Concept Art including Dumbledore's Funeral for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Movie Art
October 01, 2009, 12:42 PM

Artist Adam Brockbank has updated his website again with some truly stunning concept art he did for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Most notable and perhaps most moving, is this lovely and sad piece depicting the funeral for the late great Professor Albus Dumbledore. Fans will recall of course, this scene was not in the film alas.  Other work of note include this sketch of Argus Filch, secrecy sensor in hand as well as the Gnome atop the Christmas Tree at the Burrow and  the stuffed armchair o' Slughorn. Most striking (caution to parents of younger children!) are these of the Inferi one and two, and the cave scene, with the rest available here.

Thanks much to Christian from Harry Potter Xperts de for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movie Art News

Wand_thumb

amazing!!!! The inferi are terrifying!!!!!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 01, 2009, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Picture_324_thumb

The expressions on the faces of those at Dumbledore’s funeral make me want to cry…

This is some beautiful stuff, I really wish it had been in the movie.

Posted by Scribbled [WBM] on October 01, 2009, 05:12 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Now THAT is concept art. Much better than the PS stuff. Dumbledore’s funeral is just beautiful. I love it so sombre. Though I don’t know why people hope it’s in the extended cut- people it wasn’t filmed and they’re certainly gonna go back and reshoot it. The inferi are truly terrifying, makes you wish WB could have pushed the boat been brave like in GOF and make them scary as hell. Critics and fans would have loved the film more for it.

But I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the tapestry of Barnanbas the Barmy. It’s FANTASTIC! Gonna be what I see everytime I read of it now

Posted by KiwiMcI on October 01, 2009, 05:15 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I meant certainly NOT gonna go back and reshoot it

Posted by KiwiMcI on October 01, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator

I was really sad because this part is cut out of the movie . :(
Wonderful piece of art .

Posted by flowerchild on October 01, 2009, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Wow. The Inferi actually freak me out! I wish they were like that in the movie, then I’d be scared out of my wits! The Inferi in the movie looked like stick people. They were just weird =/

Posted by Christine on October 01, 2009, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Deathly_002_001_thumb

Sad … Funeral of Dumby … Sad they removed it aswell … Since Dumbledore is one of my Favs, it just annoys me that they made extra scenes and skipped important ones.

Posted by wiltabone on October 01, 2009, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Dreamtd_thumb

It makes me all the more sadder that Dumbledore’s funeral scene wasn’t filmed. I think that the characters as well as the movie viewers needed the closure.

Posted by twilightdew on October 01, 2009, 05:42 PM report to moderator
Safe_image_thumb

I agree “The one of the funeral is sad. Sad, but beautiful.”

Posted by Picazo on October 01, 2009, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

WOW! The Dumbledore’s funeral one is so beautiful but so sad. :( The inferi look awesome too… much better than the movie version. Amazing work!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on October 01, 2009, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__2__professor_sprout_slughorn_mcgonagall_flitwick_cartoon_thumb

That’s pretty cool.

Posted by NipintheAir on October 01, 2009, 06:11 PM report to moderator
Dobbyavvie_thumb

Wow that stuff is amazing. I threw a tantrum after the lack of funeral. The greatest wizard of all time doesn’t get a funeral? I had my tissues ready!

Posted by Scarlet~Phoenix on October 01, 2009, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

Goodness, the funeral picture is…just..just..can’t put words together to describe it..

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on October 01, 2009, 06:29 PM report to moderator
Leaky_thumb

OMG, it’s the tapestry of… was it Odric the Odd? – trying to teach Trolls Ballet before being clubbed to death! I’d pay good money for that one. For now, I’ll content myself with using it as a wallpaper.

Posted by NinnyTreetops on October 01, 2009, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Leaky_thumb

Checked. It was Barnabas the Barmy. kept fighting the good fight right until his gory end. That’s the spirit, Barnabas, old chap!

Posted by NinnyTreetops on October 01, 2009, 06:35 PM report to moderator

"Take this thing for a walk?" he repeated in disgust, staring into one of the boxes. "And where exactly are we supposed to fix the leash? Around the sting, the blasting end, or the sucker?"