Toby Jones to Provide Voice of Dobby the House Elf Again for "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
January 09, 2009, 11:40 AM

In September of last year, Harry Potter film producer David Heyman spoke to TLC about the previous cuts of the House Elves from the films, and their possible return for the two Deathly Hallows movies. At the time David Heyman told us that "it has been a while, for example, since we have seen Dobby and I suspect we are going to have to make more of Dobby in Seven than we might have done. there would be a return of things previously mentioned, like Dobby the House Elf. Today, the Telegraph reports on the career of Toby Jones and states that the actor will "soon be back in the recording studio for the next Harry Potter, in which he voices Dobby the House Elf."

Mr. Jones is then quoted as saying, "That was another job he got on the back of The Play What I Wrote. ''I was so tired, and my voice was so broken up, that when I went to audition, I reached registers I simply couldn't now. It was all very fortuitous.''

Production on two parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows begins next month in London, England for a 54 week shoot, with DH part one to be released in November of 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

KC

I really hope Dobby’s story will be well-developed enough for his part in DH….I knda think Neville has taken over for him a little too much. Whatever, this is still pretty good news. Go Dobby!

Posted by KC on January 11, 2009, 10:32 AM report to moderator
Maria

Yeah, I agree. The movie have made Neville do the things that Dobby did in the books. But, now it’s good that they’re going to start having Dobby, again!

Posted by Maria on January 11, 2009, 12:20 PM report to moderator
Antonia

hehe what a relief. Finally something good.

Posted by Antonia on January 11, 2009, 06:42 PM report to moderator
kellyjo

Thats wonderful!! I just couldn’t see doing the seven movie without dobby.

Posted by kellyjo on January 13, 2009, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Leif Longbottom

I am happy they’re bringing him back but I can’t help but wonder what crazy looks we book fans are going to be getting from the film fans when we all break down crying in the theater.
Anyone who’s only watched the movies are going to completely miss the whole impact of that moment.

I can understand cutting the spew storyline but that doesn’t explain why Neville becomes Harry’s (gilly)weed dealer (though his last name gives the notion a bit more credit) or the discoverer of the ROR.

Posted by Leif Longbottom on January 14, 2009, 02:49 PM report to moderator

"If I'd sprouted whiskers, I'd take a break from work," said Ron, tipping a stack of books onto Hermione's bedside table one evening.