Toby Jones to Provide Voice of Dobby the House Elf Again for "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
January 09, 2009, 11:40 AM

In September of last year, Harry Potter film producer David Heyman spoke to TLC about the previous cuts of the House Elves from the films, and their possible return for the two Deathly Hallows movies. At the time David Heyman told us that "it has been a while, for example, since we have seen Dobby and I suspect we are going to have to make more of Dobby in Seven than we might have done. there would be a return of things previously mentioned, like Dobby the House Elf. Today, the Telegraph reports on the career of Toby Jones and states that the actor will "soon be back in the recording studio for the next Harry Potter, in which he voices Dobby the House Elf."

Mr. Jones is then quoted as saying, "That was another job he got on the back of The Play What I Wrote. ''I was so tired, and my voice was so broken up, that when I went to audition, I reached registers I simply couldn't now. It was all very fortuitous.''

Production on two parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows begins next month in London, England for a 54 week shoot, with DH part one to be released in November of 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Picazo

That good new!!!!!!!!!!! I love Dobby

Posted by Picazo on January 09, 2009, 01:21 PM report to moderator
ja

i wonder, then, will they replace kreacher’s part with dobby?

Posted by ja on January 09, 2009, 01:40 PM report to moderator
Drome

YES! Awesome news, indeed! I’m so eager to see Dobby in the movies, again. I really missed him.

Posted by Drome on January 09, 2009, 01:43 PM report to moderator
Carebie

That’s great, they have Dobby back.

Posted by Carebie on January 09, 2009, 01:46 PM report to moderator
eszti

only one word:YAY :)

Posted by eszti on January 09, 2009, 01:55 PM report to moderator
mollywobbles23

YAY! Fantastic news!

Posted by mollywobbles23 on January 09, 2009, 02:15 PM report to moderator
MuggleQueen

Wootage I’m SO glad Dobby will be back!!!

Posted by MuggleQueen on January 09, 2009, 02:19 PM report to moderator
Krystle

Woot! Dobby!

I’m most excited about seeing a new and improved CGI Dobby myself. Yes I’ll sob like a baby when he dies, but in the mean time, he’s goona be so much prettier then our last Dobby!

Posted by Krystle on January 09, 2009, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Mr. Blood

Dobby is FREEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Posted by Mr. Blood on January 09, 2009, 02:25 PM report to moderator
luna

TEAM DOBBY IS IN THEE HOUSEEEE!!!!

Posted by luna on January 09, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator
dcrazmo

ja: I think it would be brilliant to have Dobby be the one to help Regulus, but that would take some juggling. House elves don’t usually work for multiple families, do they? But I do think they need to bring him into the film earlier to at least reintroduce him to audiences. (And maybe throw in some flashbacks.)

Posted by dcrazmo on January 09, 2009, 03:00 PM report to moderator
Lilly

OH good, Dobby is back in the movies. I love you Dobbyyyyyyy

Posted by Lilly on January 09, 2009, 03:14 PM report to moderator
Max

Alright! It’s about time they start getting things right in these movies.

I was hoping that when Dobby appeared in the movie (if he even did) that they’d have the same voice for him. It’s been a while since Dobby’s been on screen, and they need him and Kreacher to do the movie right.

However, I have some concerns about Colin Creevey, though. I hope he is in the movie as well. He’s not a main character, but he did die in the last one and he was mentioned in books two and four.

To add to some of my concerns, the Harry Potter writers have been debating rather or not to have Teddy be in the Deathly Hallows movie, or if Remus and Tonks should even get married.

I definitely think that Tonks and Lupin should be married in the movie and have Teddy. No, Teddy’s not a vital part in the plot, but Harry being godfather was pretty cool, and plus Rowling said in an interview when she was questioned about killing Lupin and Tonks, that she did it because she wanted to kill parents. Therefore, if there is no Teddy, then what is the point of killing Remus and Tonks in the movie, right?

I have high hopes for the last movie and hope that it is as close to the book as possible, seeing as how it’s being made into two parts and it is the VERY LAST movie in the Harry Potter legacy.

We can only hope that they’ll stick to the book this time, unlike the last two movies. I do not mean to be critical, and I did enjoy the Order of the Phoenix movie, but too much was cut out. As for Half-Blood Prince, I just hope the movie is MUCH better than it sounds.

Anyway, this is fantastic news and hopefully there will be more good news to come.

Posted by Max on January 09, 2009, 03:15 PM report to moderator
Andrea

This is AMAZING news!!!!!!

Posted by Andrea on January 09, 2009, 03:45 PM report to moderator
PATRICK

YES! YES! oh dear GOD! thank you!

RIP DOBBY

Posted by PATRICK on January 09, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator

"It is too 'eavy, all zis 'Ogwarts food," they heard [Fleur] saying grumpily... "I will not fit into my dress robes!"[br]"Oooh there's a tragedy," Hermione snapped as Fleur went out into the entrance hall. "She really thinks a lot of herself, that one, do