The Bravest Man I Ever Knew

Character Birthdays
January 09, 2009, 06:09 AM

Today, the calendar on JKRowling.com marks another birthday, but for us here at Leaky, this marks a day meant for reflection, remembrance and perhaps even celebration of a character who so vividly filled the pages of the Harry Potter series.  To some, this character will remain  a nasty, unpleasant man, a villain, others love and adore this complex and fascinating character who still merits long discussion in our fandom. To Harry, he was, quite simply,  the bravest man he ever knew.

Happy Birthday, Severus Snape!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Character Birthdays News

Confederate Lady

To the “Half Blood Prince”…..“the bravest man I ever knew”. No one ever said we stop celebrating, after someone has passed. And you, Professor Snape, will be celebrated in my memory, forever more! Happy Birthday…

Posted by Confederate Lady on January 09, 2009, 09:59 AM report to moderator
Muggle-Born-Witch

Happy Birthday to Severus Snape!!!

Posted by Muggle-Born-Witch on January 09, 2009, 10:05 AM report to moderator
dcrazmo

My favorite character! The one that embodies one of the fundamental lessons of the series, that things aren’t always what you think they are. And what an interesting, conflicted man! An outsider, misunderstood, probably feels a great deal of self-loathing, which he masks as arrogance and superiority. Then again, he knows that he IS intellectually superior to so many, yet remains less popular than the “cool” kids of the world. Such a complicated character, one I’m sure most of us can relate to in some way. A smart invention on Rowling’s part…

Posted by dcrazmo on January 09, 2009, 10:06 AM report to moderator
Alden

Happy Birthday Snape! And Sue that post was beautifuly written. Good job!

Posted by Alden on January 09, 2009, 10:12 AM report to moderator
Amy Nap

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PROFESSOR SNAPE!!
If you were still with us, and I wasn’t so afraid you’d dock house points or hex me, I’d hug you.

Posted by Amy Nap on January 09, 2009, 10:21 AM report to moderator
Kirk

Happy birthday, Severus!

Posted by Kirk on January 09, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator
Cordelia

Happy Birthday, Sev! Muah!

Posted by Cordelia on January 09, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator
matea

Truly fascinating character. happy b-day Snape!

Posted by matea on January 09, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator
Ida

Happy Birthday Professor

Posted by Ida on January 09, 2009, 10:40 AM report to moderator
potterhead23

Happy Birthday Snape!

Posted by potterhead23 on January 09, 2009, 10:44 AM report to moderator
Snapekat

I love this man! He will live on forever to me! Happy Birthday, Professor. Meet me in the dungeon for you present later. ;-)

Posted by Snapekat on January 09, 2009, 10:59 AM report to moderator
Ginger

I got goosebumps when I read this and saw it on Jo’s website. Nicely written, Sue!

I had a hard time rereading the Prince’s Tale chapter, it was so beautifully written. Snape’s really one of my fav characters

Posted by Ginger on January 09, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Alison aka NobleBirth Descending

An eloquent eulogy, Sue! Thanks.

Posted by Alison aka NobleBirth Descending on January 09, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator
muggle

Happy Birthday, Professor Snape =D

Posted by muggle on January 09, 2009, 11:17 AM report to moderator
Kaela

Happy Birthday Professor Snape!
You have always been my favorite Harry Potter character! And will always be my favorite!
Oh my goodness I love you Severus Snape! .

Posted by Kaela on January 09, 2009, 11:21 AM report to moderator

"Now, firs' thing yeh gotta know abou' hippogriffs is, they're proud," said Hagrid. "Easily offended, hippogriffs are. Don't never insult one, 'cause it might be the last thing yeh do."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014