The Bravest Man I Ever Knew

Character Birthdays
January 09, 2009, 06:09 AM

Today, the calendar on JKRowling.com marks another birthday, but for us here at Leaky, this marks a day meant for reflection, remembrance and perhaps even celebration of a character who so vividly filled the pages of the Harry Potter series.  To some, this character will remain  a nasty, unpleasant man, a villain, others love and adore this complex and fascinating character who still merits long discussion in our fandom. To Harry, he was, quite simply,  the bravest man he ever knew.

Happy Birthday, Severus Snape!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Character Birthdays News

tara

happy birthday severus.

we love you

Posted by tara on January 09, 2009, 06:26 AM report to moderator
pottershrink

Happy Birthday, professor.
(I still think you’re a mean and nasty git.) (changes name, goes into hiding and dons a disguise to avoid incoming missiles!)

Posted by pottershrink on January 09, 2009, 06:28 AM report to moderator
Jaime91

I love that I share a birthday with Snape =)

Posted by Jaime91 on January 09, 2009, 06:36 AM report to moderator
jenny

i love you snape! you suffered so much and really were the bravest man i ever knew. no one could have done your job as seamlessly as you did. i miss you!

Posted by jenny on January 09, 2009, 06:42 AM report to moderator
bob

i loooooooooooove Snape

Posted by bob on January 09, 2009, 06:43 AM report to moderator
Jeanne

Happy Birthday, Professor Snape!

Cheers – Jeanne.

Posted by Jeanne on January 09, 2009, 06:47 AM report to moderator
Scully

Love or loathe him – Snape is THE literary character of the HP series.

Posted by Scully on January 09, 2009, 06:53 AM report to moderator
andrei

happy birthday snape and jaime91. if i’m not mistaken, you’re turning 18, so happy adulthood!

Posted by andrei on January 09, 2009, 06:54 AM report to moderator
TarsieS

Happy Birthday, Professor – you’ll always have a place in my heart. And congrats to Jaime91 for reaching adulthood!

Posted by TarsieS on January 09, 2009, 07:03 AM report to moderator
Shivi

Hurray !!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Snivellus !!!

Posted by Shivi on January 09, 2009, 07:10 AM report to moderator
Gabrella

Happy Birthday, Severus. I had hope for you all along, and you proved me right in a way that was far beyond what could ask for or imagine. Thank you making these books even more real to me. Lily would have been so proud of her dear friend!

Posted by Gabrella on January 09, 2009, 07:31 AM report to moderator
Christine

Happy Birthday Severus! The paragraph pretty much sums it all up :)

Posted by Christine on January 09, 2009, 07:42 AM report to moderator
April

Happy Birthday Severus! I will ALWAYS love the character who kept so many guessing for so long. I never doubted his loyalty.

Posted by April on January 09, 2009, 07:43 AM report to moderator
vandy

Oh my god….How come I forgot his birthday??? I’m a terrible fan…

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, sev……..You are the most wonderful character I’ve ever come across…..No one would get a better friend than you……You are the BEST……

Hats off to the half blood prince!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by vandy on January 09, 2009, 07:44 AM report to moderator
Syren

Happy Birthday, Severus Snape. Voldemort may have been the Dark Lord, but you will always be my Dark Prince.

Posted by Syren on January 09, 2009, 08:06 AM report to moderator

"As I sat here, absorbed in my needlework, the urge to consult the orb overpowered me. I arose, I settled myself before it, and gazed into its crystalline depths... and what do you think I saw gazing back at me?"[br]"An ugly old bat in outsize specs?" Ron