"Half-Blood Prince" Tops MTV Surefire 2009 Blockbuster List

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
January 07, 2009, 10:15 AM

The upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film is the top Surefire Blockbuster of 2009, according to a new list published by MTV.  The sixth film made first place in a list of the top ten upcoming blockbuster films set for release in this new year.  MTV says the following of the next Harry Potter film:

Every "Potter" film has flirted with a billion dollars worldwide, but will the sixth movie finally cross that sacred plateau? By the time July 17 rolls around, it will have been two years since fans saw their wizard friends onscreen, and many regard "Half-Blood" to be one of the best books in the franchise. Through the first five films, Harry has overseen the most successful movie franchise of all time, and it seems likely that "Prince" will once again crown him king.
Joining Potter, such films as the film adaptation of Angels and Demons, Terminator: Salvation, and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen also made the list.  The complete list of Top 10 Surefire 2009 Blockbusters can be found right here.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be in theaters July 17, 2009.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Natalie

I think DH will do the best out the series, considering alot of people can’t be arsed to read the books and will just see the films. I know lots of people who said that.

I mean, it’s the last in the series, and the trailer will be so good

Posted by Natalie on January 07, 2009, 02:55 PM
ailene90

hmm that might happen, but i think its more likely with deathly hallows. those two are sure to make a billion.

Posted by ailene90 on January 07, 2009, 03:21 PM report to moderator
kay

yay! that’s so cool! wouldn’t it be amazing if it made a billion dollars? i liked ootp a lot but it was dark and scary and it made me sad. hbp is my favorite book, (it’s so happy!!!-jeez i’m a spaz) but i know the movie will be fantastic.

Posted by kay on January 07, 2009, 04:14 PM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

alot of people are very excited to see terminator as long as it keeps in with 1 and 2 and ignores the dumbness of 3. I really hope its good. As for HBP grossing potential? Its a no brainer

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on January 07, 2009, 05:28 PM report to moderator
budb

One thing that both amuses and annoys me about our discussions is the “really really short term memory” factor: folks, click back just one page of the Leaky articles to December 28, Steve Kloves Comments on WB Worrying over Anticipation for Potter Films, and compare the topic and your reactions then to now.

Posted by budb on January 07, 2009, 07:35 PM report to moderator
Andrael

WHAT. How is it that Watchmen is nowhere on that list?

Posted by Andrael on January 08, 2009, 06:59 AM report to moderator
miriam

This years box office (worldwide) is going to be one of lowest for a while. There aren’t a lot of huge film releases this year. Potter will definitely be the biggest grossing film of the year. Close to a billion as usual (I’d like to “flirt with a billion” myself!).

It makes sense for WB to need a big film like HBP released this year.

I really don’t think Avatar is going to be as big as some peoplea re predicting. I think Terminator 4 will be bigger than the last film (the first and 2nd films are classic, the 3rd was rubbish), and going by the fan reaction to the trailer there is a lot of hype about it.

I’m sure a lot of silly brainless people will watch transformers 2, so that is bound to probably be the second highest grossing film of the year.

I can’t wait for HBP! I loved OoTP, and really do think the films are progressing so well.

Posted by miriam on January 09, 2009, 06:15 AM report to moderator
ulyssesonline(dot)com

I agree with whoever said that it won’t gross as much — but only bcoz of the current recession =(

Posted by ulyssesonline(dot)com on January 10, 2009, 07:22 AM report to moderator
Juta

This is very cool year.! Because all was adult! I have watched all movies and me very like this movies. I hope, when this actors was watching another movies!

Posted by Juta on January 12, 2009, 05:06 AM report to moderator

"What do we want to be prefects for?" said George, looking revolted at the very idea. "It'd take all the fun out of life."