Followup: New Report Says No LEGO Harry Potter this Year

Video Games
January 05, 2009, 07:41 AM

A followup today on an earlier report regarding a possible new LEGO Harry Potter game due in 2009. Eurogamer is now reporting that this is not likely as "a senior source working close to Traveller's Tales has told us that LEGO Harry Potter is off the menu for at least 12 months. However, Eurogamer understands that a new installment of LEGO Indiana Jones is looking likely."

The article continues: "Harry Potter has been viewed as an obvious candidate for the LEGO treatment since Warner, which makes the Potter movies, bought Traveller's Tales in November 2007. Electronic Arts will release a game based on the Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince movie due this summer, and its deal with Warner could have an impact on the development of any additional Potter-branded games in the short term.

...Producer Nick Ricks added: "There will be a LEGO game in 2009. And I think it's okay to say that you'll be a bit surprised."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

queequeg

I am okay with no lego game yet, as Thio said, I much rather it come out after everything is done, that way I don’t have to buy 2 Lego Hp games like i did with Lego Star Wars

Posted by queequeg on January 05, 2009, 08:00 PM report to moderator
that cool guy

Oh thank god. I thought it was talking about no harrypotter lego sets. Im really hoping they make some HBP lego sets, im beginning to get alittle worried though.

Posted by that cool guy on January 05, 2009, 08:24 PM report to moderator
H

: ( Sadness for someone who has the gaming skills of a five-year-old (aka, myself)

Posted by H on January 05, 2009, 08:51 PM report to moderator
Gerardo

I really hope they do get this out this summer….

or better yet… Lego sets!

does anybody know if Lego sets are coming out this summer?:D

Posted by Gerardo on January 06, 2009, 12:34 AM report to moderator
Molly Wiltersen

Do give us a HP Lego game!!! And more HP Lego sets to build please! But I don’t think that’s going to happen.

Posted by Molly Wiltersen on January 06, 2009, 07:20 AM report to moderator
Confederate Lady

Ok. I’m old and confused [pretty much most of the time, I guess!] I have never heard of a “Lego Game”. I must be missing something. I LOVE the Lego Sets, and I am pretty confident that, after HBP comes out, there will be a LOT of stuff. Especially Lego Sets! I got the ‘Harry Potter Scene-It’ unfortunately, I DID end up buying both of them. One, the first time they were out [POA or GOF?] then, after OotP. Now, I have the ‘Harry Potter Clue’….I guess I’m just a “board gamer”….old and behind the times.

Posted by Confederate Lady on January 06, 2009, 10:23 AM report to moderator
T-Vey

Awww. Ok… so not this year :( But i don’t really care when it comes out as long as we get one and the game is made with quality. Hopefully it wouldn’t be too long after the last film. I actually think that this would be the best way to do it, because then they wouldn’t have to compete with the EA games, and its another way to keep the HP hype going as long as possible.

Posted by T-Vey on January 06, 2009, 09:29 PM report to moderator
Iyamjody

Ever since they came out with the Lego Star Wars games I have been itching for a HP version. I’m so bummed this is being put off another year. (sigh)

Posted by Iyamjody on January 12, 2009, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Marauder

Harry Potter LEGO >>> Indiana Jones LEGO

Posted by Marauder on January 13, 2009, 01:23 PM report to moderator

[i]Crack.[/i][br]"OUCH!"[br]"Keep your voice down, Ron, or Mum'll be back up here."[br]"You two just Apparated on my knees!"[br]"Yeah, well, it's harder in the dark --"