Followup: New Report Says No LEGO Harry Potter this Year

Video Games
January 05, 2009, 07:41 AM

A followup today on an earlier report regarding a possible new LEGO Harry Potter game due in 2009. Eurogamer is now reporting that this is not likely as "a senior source working close to Traveller's Tales has told us that LEGO Harry Potter is off the menu for at least 12 months. However, Eurogamer understands that a new installment of LEGO Indiana Jones is looking likely."

The article continues: "Harry Potter has been viewed as an obvious candidate for the LEGO treatment since Warner, which makes the Potter movies, bought Traveller's Tales in November 2007. Electronic Arts will release a game based on the Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince movie due this summer, and its deal with Warner could have an impact on the development of any additional Potter-branded games in the short term.

...Producer Nick Ricks added: "There will be a LEGO game in 2009. And I think it's okay to say that you'll be a bit surprised."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

MuggleQueen

Aw HP Lego would have been awesome. Ah well I’m still looking forward to the HBP game!

First!

Posted by MuggleQueen on January 05, 2009, 08:09 AM report to moderator
Rolf

Awww…. :-(
Can’t wait for HBP!!!!

Posted by Rolf on January 05, 2009, 08:21 AM report to moderator
Calum  Wilson

I don’t like the lego games but I would buy the HP one if it looked any good. I could imagine them taking out the seriousness and make it something like them laughing when like Dobby starts bleeding to death.

Posted by Calum Wilson on January 05, 2009, 08:28 AM report to moderator
taylor

well thank goodness for indiana jones lego!

Posted by taylor on January 05, 2009, 08:35 AM report to moderator
Carebie

I really want the Lego Harry Potter I love the Lego games they are so awesome!!!! I really hope they make it. What source material are they goign to be using to create another Indiana Jones game, they only have the one movie left and then the TV series, are they going to make a game based from the TV series? Or just make up adventures? I will just have to wait to find out I guess.

Posted by Carebie on January 05, 2009, 09:04 AM report to moderator
Saturn

DRAT. I LOVE THE LEGO HP GAMES.

Posted by Saturn on January 05, 2009, 11:53 AM report to moderator
Kerri

HBP on Wii will be awesome! ‘swish and flick’!!!
a really hope they have a big hufe game that takes you through all 7 stories at some point

Posted by Kerri on January 05, 2009, 11:57 AM report to moderator
Saturn

@ Kerri: me 2!!!! that would be so much fin to spen probly over 3 years trying to beat them all in one game!!

took me 6 months 2 beat OOTP >.>

Posted by Saturn on January 05, 2009, 12:07 PM report to moderator
blu3tick

I would really love to see a HP RPG… That would be awesome!

Posted by blu3tick on January 05, 2009, 12:39 PM report to moderator
Ana

i still have my old HP and the philosopher’s stone Legos!

Posted by Ana on January 05, 2009, 02:50 PM report to moderator
Thio

Maybe when all the movies and respective video-games have been launched… then warner will consider a LEGO harry potter game. It would be a nice way to squeeze some more money out of the HP franchise.

Launching a LEGO HP now would only cause the warner guys to fight against themselves on the game industry.

Posted by Thio on January 05, 2009, 04:20 PM report to moderator
njds

disappointing. i’ve heard that the lego games are good, and considering the poor gameplay and general boringness of the other hp games, i was hoping for a satisfying hp game experience. maybe someday they’ll make a hp game that isn’t aimed at small children, or spend as much time developing good controls as they do trying to replicate dan radcliffe as a video game character.

Posted by njds on January 05, 2009, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Ilzairspar

wimper wimper… I want my LEGO.

::Sigh:: oh well, I guess it means I can keep looking for those cheap deals for the ones I don’t have on Ebay. (rare as they are, you can find the Hogwarts Castle for close to the original price if you know where to look)

Posted by Ilzairspar on January 05, 2009, 06:52 PM report to moderator
Ilzairspar

Sorry, but I forgot to post that I know they are talking about the games…but still.

Posted by Ilzairspar on January 05, 2009, 06:53 PM report to moderator
taylor

omg a harry potter wii!!!!!!!!!!!! that is the most amazing thing ever!!!!!!1 holy cow!!! i could play that for hours and hours and hours!!! goody!

Posted by taylor on January 05, 2009, 07:04 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"It's not possible to live with the Dursleys and not hate them," said Harry. "I'd like to see you try it."