Emma Watson Talks Possible New Film and More with Daily Mail

Watson
January 31, 2009, 06:13 PM

Daily Mail Magazine has a lengthy feature online with Emma Watson that includes some stunning new photos of the actress, as well as new comments from her on fame, fortune and new roles post-Potter. She talks at length about fame and the spotlight can effect the behavior of some, noting that she along with co-stars Dan Radcliffe and Rupert Grint were lucky while growing up during the course of the Harry Potter films. Quotage:

‘I don’t consider myself to be a celebrity. I don’t fit that mould. I worry that people have expectations of me being someone I’m not. I’m just finding myself and trying to live as normally as possible and be as normal as possible.

'I’ve never seen a “good behaviour” clause (she refers to her reported Warner contract) – I honestly think that’s a myth – but I actually wouldn’t ever need one. It’s just not necessary. I’m not tempted by parties or drugs. I don’t actually like being drunk, particularly in public. But I do understand why people get sucked into a party lifestyle. I can see how it happens so I’d never criticise someone who gets into all that. It can get pretty tough. But you have choices in life. If I want to lead as private and as normal a life  as possible I just can’t go there. So I don’t.’

She grins. ‘Daniel (Radcliffe), Rupert (Grint) and me have been incredibly protected doing the Harry Potter movies. There seems to be this feeling that all of us were bursting to break out of these images we had created but that’s never been the case. We all share the same view. None of us court celebrity, none of us want to be part of the game.’

While some websites and reports have claimed that she has chosen a University, Emma Watson says again that she is still undecided, and states of her desire to further her education while acting. "Jodie Foster did it, Natalie Portman did it,’ she says. ‘I think it’s entirely possible to juggle university with filming...‘I actually think going to university will make me a better actress. The experience of living like that, working to deadlines, living with other students. It’s all the things I want."

Finally, Emma Watson speaks again to a role in the Napoleon and Betsy film that she has been rumored to be taking on for some time now. ‘It’s a strong relationship but it’s not sexual,’ she says. ‘It’s very complex. A touching of souls. She was a very young girl and he was this older, incredible man. I read the script two years ago and just knew this was the perfect film for me.’

In addition to the photos seen in the article, you can also see a new fashion shoot Emma did for VS magazine here in our galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

My_hero_neville_thumb

Emma’s site put up a link to this interview. That must mean it’s got her OK. I’m very happy that my suspicions about it were wrong. Nice to see such a positive story about Emma, especially from a tabloid!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on February 02, 2009, 08:54 PM report to moderator

Well, she´s been in the YOU supplement of that paper before, so this is her second time around. The biggest point to even appear in a tabloid, well, in the LIVE supplement of a tabloid, is to actually reach people, who usually feed on the lies that such tabloids also like to print. It´s like appearing on Fox News and saying things that are more true than the usual Fox truth.

We don´t really know who actually plans out these interviews and how much they are a part of the Warner PR machine, even though they focus very nicely on Ms Watson in this.

Posted by Fonty on February 03, 2009, 06:25 AM report to moderator
Zooey_thumb

Anybody else think it’s weird (and a bit intimate) that the writer of the Mail interview describes what Emma smells like?

Posted by miriam the wounded on February 03, 2009, 07:16 AM report to moderator

I read the comment about her smell as a compliment, but it is a bit intimate indeed. But, this is the Daily Mail after all. :)

Posted by Fonty on February 03, 2009, 08:25 AM report to moderator
Zooey_thumb

It’s the type of thing that a fangirl (or boy) would comment on – not a journalist. And “a compliment”? LOL. As opposed to her being called a smelly thing? Of course the Daily Mail is rubbish and I don’t understand why Emma would do a shoot with them anyway. And interview is one thing because it’s usually unavoidable when promoting a project – but a whole photoshoot? It’s akin to posing for the Sun these days. The interview seems pretty genuine – i think it’s on Emma’s site now. What is the deal with calling her a Bafta star in the headline? She’s never even been nominated for a Bafta – she’s presented an award there but they can’t call her a Bafta star for that – even if POA won a few years ago – she can’t take the credit. The whole article is just weird.

Posted by miriam the wounded on February 03, 2009, 10:15 AM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

It’ll be nice to see her step out in new roles.

Posted by Garden State Geek on February 24, 2009, 12:11 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"The Ministry of Magic guarantees that you are not in danger from any Dark wizard. If you are still worried, by all means come and see me outside class hours. If someone is alarming you with fibs about reborn Dark wizards, I would like to hear about it. I