Emma Watson Talks Possible New Film and More with Daily Mail

Watson
January 31, 2009, 06:13 PM

Daily Mail Magazine has a lengthy feature online with Emma Watson that includes some stunning new photos of the actress, as well as new comments from her on fame, fortune and new roles post-Potter. She talks at length about fame and the spotlight can effect the behavior of some, noting that she along with co-stars Dan Radcliffe and Rupert Grint were lucky while growing up during the course of the Harry Potter films. Quotage:

‘I don’t consider myself to be a celebrity. I don’t fit that mould. I worry that people have expectations of me being someone I’m not. I’m just finding myself and trying to live as normally as possible and be as normal as possible.

'I’ve never seen a “good behaviour” clause (she refers to her reported Warner contract) – I honestly think that’s a myth – but I actually wouldn’t ever need one. It’s just not necessary. I’m not tempted by parties or drugs. I don’t actually like being drunk, particularly in public. But I do understand why people get sucked into a party lifestyle. I can see how it happens so I’d never criticise someone who gets into all that. It can get pretty tough. But you have choices in life. If I want to lead as private and as normal a life  as possible I just can’t go there. So I don’t.’

She grins. ‘Daniel (Radcliffe), Rupert (Grint) and me have been incredibly protected doing the Harry Potter movies. There seems to be this feeling that all of us were bursting to break out of these images we had created but that’s never been the case. We all share the same view. None of us court celebrity, none of us want to be part of the game.’

While some websites and reports have claimed that she has chosen a University, Emma Watson says again that she is still undecided, and states of her desire to further her education while acting. "Jodie Foster did it, Natalie Portman did it,’ she says. ‘I think it’s entirely possible to juggle university with filming...‘I actually think going to university will make me a better actress. The experience of living like that, working to deadlines, living with other students. It’s all the things I want."

Finally, Emma Watson speaks again to a role in the Napoleon and Betsy film that she has been rumored to be taking on for some time now. ‘It’s a strong relationship but it’s not sexual,’ she says. ‘It’s very complex. A touching of souls. She was a very young girl and he was this older, incredible man. I read the script two years ago and just knew this was the perfect film for me.’

In addition to the photos seen in the article, you can also see a new fashion shoot Emma did for VS magazine here in our galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Hedwig_avatar_thumb

I have a great respect for Emma and her attitude to life. I don’t have a very high opinion of this photographer, the lighting is much too harsh, draining all the bone structure. He also lacks creativity, he should stick to calendar pin-ups.

Posted by Graymayne on February 01, 2009, 06:13 AM report to moderator
Always_thumb

She is so awesome. She doesn’t need to go to uni but she genuinly wants to. The way she talks shows what a down to earth person she is.

Posted by spiritbound on February 01, 2009, 06:58 AM report to moderator
The_leaky_cauldron_thumb

I understand the whole going to uni will help her! Especially working to deadlines.

I see her quite alot…We live in the same area (like round the corner from her) and I agree that she doesnt accept the celeb lifesytle with open arms but that the fame is inavitable.

Posted by JustZoe »ROAR« on February 01, 2009, 08:41 AM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione_in_the_hospital_wing_thumb

I really loved the pictures and the interview was just amazing. Emma is very down-to-earth, smart, sensible, and responsible. She is a great role model! Go Emma!

Posted by rogue-bludger on February 01, 2009, 09:56 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

@Professor Potter, I had the same reaction when I read that bit. It really does sound unbelievable. A friend told me the Daily Mail is a typical British tabloid. That’s not a good sign. This is such a nice story about Emma and the pictures are lovely. But now I’m questioning how much of the interview is real. Hope my suspicions are wrong.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on February 01, 2009, 10:32 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

That was fantastic, I just have to voice everyone else here, thank God she has morals and such a great role model for young girls looking up to the image of Paris Hilton

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 01, 2009, 11:26 AM report to moderator
Triogrounds2cut_thumb

Emma is really lovely. she’s so pretty and i think she sounds like she has her head on straight. napoleon and betsy sounds really cool, but i could hardly find anything about it on imdb, so it’s awesome to hear some more. GO EMMA!!

Posted by kayzz on February 01, 2009, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Img_0052__risoluzione_del_desktop_

ok this may be odd but i really like the photos they are very high fashion i no thats odd but i like photoshoots that are different and wierd and that make you think how on earth did someone think of this and i really think emma could juggle college and acting she is after all brilliant

Posted by ROAR! lilyjames on February 01, 2009, 02:19 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

i heart emma, so classy.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on February 01, 2009, 07:27 PM report to moderator
Ac695a87df341b054fa9b8b89a557ca4_thumb

Emma is too cute! I love the photos and she seems really grounded and sure of herself.

Posted by Twin2 on February 01, 2009, 08:05 PM report to moderator

I really love how real and normal Dan, Rupert and Emma seem and probably are. They really just seem like genuine people.

Posted by WeasleyGirl93 on February 01, 2009, 08:30 PM report to moderator
Zooey_thumb

I don’t quite understand why she would say that posing “sexily” and wearing miniskirts isn’t something she likes doing, and yet in most of her photoshoots that is what she does. She’s a high-profile enough actress to say that she doesn’t want to do it or doesn’t want to wear something if she doesn’t feel comfortable. There is no way that a magazine/photographer could force her to do something she didn’t want. She also wears short dresses at events – or is there a massive difference in this?

She can wear whatever she wants and pose however she wants, but she should really stop contradicting herself.

Posted by miriam the wounded on February 02, 2009, 07:33 AM report to moderator

It makes me happy the stars of HP are so sensible and mature and down to earth. Can you think how crazy it would be if they weren’t!!! If they were into drugs and wild party it would be awful!
I’d be intersested to see this new movie, I hope it all goes ahead.

Posted by Hogwarts Horror on February 02, 2009, 09:43 AM report to moderator

I really admire Emma, she just embodies the spirit of Hermione.

Posted by bookmonster79 on February 02, 2009, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Pic_3_thumb

Emma is amazing!

Posted by Will Nevins on February 02, 2009, 04:20 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

[Mrs. Weasley] pointed to the brand-new silver badge on Percy's chest. "Second Head Boy in the family!" she said, swelling with pride.[br]"And last," Fred muttered under his breath.