Emma Watson Talks Possible New Film and More with Daily Mail

Watson
January 31, 2009, 06:13 PM

Daily Mail Magazine has a lengthy feature online with Emma Watson that includes some stunning new photos of the actress, as well as new comments from her on fame, fortune and new roles post-Potter. She talks at length about fame and the spotlight can effect the behavior of some, noting that she along with co-stars Dan Radcliffe and Rupert Grint were lucky while growing up during the course of the Harry Potter films. Quotage:

‘I don’t consider myself to be a celebrity. I don’t fit that mould. I worry that people have expectations of me being someone I’m not. I’m just finding myself and trying to live as normally as possible and be as normal as possible.

'I’ve never seen a “good behaviour” clause (she refers to her reported Warner contract) – I honestly think that’s a myth – but I actually wouldn’t ever need one. It’s just not necessary. I’m not tempted by parties or drugs. I don’t actually like being drunk, particularly in public. But I do understand why people get sucked into a party lifestyle. I can see how it happens so I’d never criticise someone who gets into all that. It can get pretty tough. But you have choices in life. If I want to lead as private and as normal a life  as possible I just can’t go there. So I don’t.’

She grins. ‘Daniel (Radcliffe), Rupert (Grint) and me have been incredibly protected doing the Harry Potter movies. There seems to be this feeling that all of us were bursting to break out of these images we had created but that’s never been the case. We all share the same view. None of us court celebrity, none of us want to be part of the game.’

While some websites and reports have claimed that she has chosen a University, Emma Watson says again that she is still undecided, and states of her desire to further her education while acting. "Jodie Foster did it, Natalie Portman did it,’ she says. ‘I think it’s entirely possible to juggle university with filming...‘I actually think going to university will make me a better actress. The experience of living like that, working to deadlines, living with other students. It’s all the things I want."

Finally, Emma Watson speaks again to a role in the Napoleon and Betsy film that she has been rumored to be taking on for some time now. ‘It’s a strong relationship but it’s not sexual,’ she says. ‘It’s very complex. A touching of souls. She was a very young girl and he was this older, incredible man. I read the script two years ago and just knew this was the perfect film for me.’

In addition to the photos seen in the article, you can also see a new fashion shoot Emma did for VS magazine here in our galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Angel_reader_chagall_thumb

She sounds so refreshingly well grounded. Good for you, Emma!

Posted by Arithmancer on January 31, 2009, 08:40 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I admire Emma for being such a grounded and realistic young woman. The graceful and humble manner with which she conducts herself in all of her interviews continues to impress me. Whatever the future brings her, I wish her great success.

Posted by Kirk on January 31, 2009, 09:00 PM report to moderator
Imgp6719_thumb

Aw, that interview was lovely. I look up to her even more for that celebrity comment. I still need to watch her last movie…and any of her movies. I will someday, I just need to get them.

Posted by Lauren on January 31, 2009, 10:01 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

What a great interview. She really seems like she knows what she wants out of life! That pic with her in the hat, it looks like she could be the next Roxie Hart in Chicago :)

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on January 31, 2009, 10:13 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_3_thumb

Love Emma but wheres the link?

Posted by Crown Victoria [WBM] on January 31, 2009, 10:16 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_3_thumb

oh, nvm found it

Myleaky_thumb

I love the photos! They are soo cute and mature for her. I think we should see more Photos of her.

Posted by Slytherin4Life on January 31, 2009, 10:25 PM report to moderator
Lunanargles_thumb

woo! go emma!

Posted by calliet2b4g on January 31, 2009, 10:46 PM report to moderator
Casey_close_up_thumb

Emma is a very beautiful and sensible young lady. I love the picture of her in the red dress. Red is a great color on her.

JKMcGonagall

Posted by JKMcGonagall on February 01, 2009, 12:20 AM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

It’s funny that she talks about not liking to wear mini skirts and that is what she is in in most of those pictures haha.
She looks really nice, and the skirts are a tasteful length so… and I suppose she wouldn’t have chosen what she was wearing personally.
Although it might have been a good idea- maybe she would have realised that it was a bit weird to put her in the same dress in two different colours…

Posted by bec majec *roar* on February 01, 2009, 12:25 AM report to moderator
Hpim0307_thumb

Noted, burningpumpkins. Now go away.

On topic: Emma’s just lovable, isn’t she? :p

Posted by Aga Veneficus on February 01, 2009, 01:21 AM report to moderator
Untitled-1_thumb

This is why I respect Emma so much.
Also pretty cool pictures.

Posted by Crom on February 01, 2009, 01:55 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1219385d1bc508ea565d4c902a6f052d_thumb

I acctually havent seen any other movies with Emma in them But i would like too. Just to see if she acctually can break out of the ‘Hermione’ style of acting.

Posted by Kara000 ~ROAR~ on February 01, 2009, 02:40 AM report to moderator
Da_copy_thumb

She is a great role model, isnt she. Classy, beautiful, humble and intelligent. Great article. But when I read the bit of the so called “photographer” laying on the ground…I couldn’t believe it. They really do that? There should be a law against that and they should be arrested. I mean that has to be invasion of privacy, assault even, surely? They should be locked up.

Posted by Professor Potter on February 01, 2009, 03:33 AM report to moderator
Hermione_l_thumb

go emma! you rock!

Posted by Hermione_1991 [ WBM ] on February 01, 2009, 05:35 AM report to moderator

"Potter!"[br]The voice rang across the entrance hall; Snape had emerged from the staircase leading down to his office, and at the sight of him Harry felt a great rush of hatred beyond anything he felt toward Malfoy... Whatever Dumbledore said, he would ne