Emma Watson Talks Possible New Film and More with Daily Mail

Watson
January 31, 2009, 06:13 PM

Daily Mail Magazine has a lengthy feature online with Emma Watson that includes some stunning new photos of the actress, as well as new comments from her on fame, fortune and new roles post-Potter. She talks at length about fame and the spotlight can effect the behavior of some, noting that she along with co-stars Dan Radcliffe and Rupert Grint were lucky while growing up during the course of the Harry Potter films. Quotage:

‘I don’t consider myself to be a celebrity. I don’t fit that mould. I worry that people have expectations of me being someone I’m not. I’m just finding myself and trying to live as normally as possible and be as normal as possible.

'I’ve never seen a “good behaviour” clause (she refers to her reported Warner contract) – I honestly think that’s a myth – but I actually wouldn’t ever need one. It’s just not necessary. I’m not tempted by parties or drugs. I don’t actually like being drunk, particularly in public. But I do understand why people get sucked into a party lifestyle. I can see how it happens so I’d never criticise someone who gets into all that. It can get pretty tough. But you have choices in life. If I want to lead as private and as normal a life  as possible I just can’t go there. So I don’t.’

She grins. ‘Daniel (Radcliffe), Rupert (Grint) and me have been incredibly protected doing the Harry Potter movies. There seems to be this feeling that all of us were bursting to break out of these images we had created but that’s never been the case. We all share the same view. None of us court celebrity, none of us want to be part of the game.’

While some websites and reports have claimed that she has chosen a University, Emma Watson says again that she is still undecided, and states of her desire to further her education while acting. "Jodie Foster did it, Natalie Portman did it,’ she says. ‘I think it’s entirely possible to juggle university with filming...‘I actually think going to university will make me a better actress. The experience of living like that, working to deadlines, living with other students. It’s all the things I want."

Finally, Emma Watson speaks again to a role in the Napoleon and Betsy film that she has been rumored to be taking on for some time now. ‘It’s a strong relationship but it’s not sexual,’ she says. ‘It’s very complex. A touching of souls. She was a very young girl and he was this older, incredible man. I read the script two years ago and just knew this was the perfect film for me.’

In addition to the photos seen in the article, you can also see a new fashion shoot Emma did for VS magazine here in our galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Yay, I’d love to see more movies with Emma
Great article

Posted by Patricia. on January 31, 2009, 06:19 PM report to moderator
Hp___poisonous_rose_colored_by_katima_thumb

First? I doubt it. But i’m excited about this new movie about Napoleon and Betsy. It sounds wonderful.

I know there are reasons that I liked Emma. She’s so sensible, i really admire her judgment and focus. :)

Posted by scarletti1 on January 31, 2009, 06:23 PM report to moderator

Has anyone seen, The Tale of Despereaux? How was it? Emma seems like a very mature young lady, and I commend her for making the decision to be who she is, rather that go off the deep end because of fame, or money. Good interview.

Posted by RavenSmith {[WBM]} on January 31, 2009, 06:25 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

I’m so glad Emma isn’t and doesn’t want to be what you could call a ‘typical’ celebrity. She’s great! I find I like her more and more as a person (from what I hear at least) but like her less so as Hermione. I’m not sure why that is.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on January 31, 2009, 06:30 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

she’s amazing. I wish her the best

Posted by Matea on January 31, 2009, 06:37 PM report to moderator
Paper_towns__thumb

I really admire her for wanting to have a private life. It would be so easy for her to spend every night in some club getting drunk and she doesn’t want to. I hope she gets into her 1st choice uni, I’m sure she will.

Posted by LunaLovesPudding on January 31, 2009, 06:41 PM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

The pics look great!! She looks like a real film star!

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on January 31, 2009, 06:42 PM report to moderator
Leakyav2_thumb

I agree BewareoftheNargles- its good to see children have good role models in these Harry Potter Actors!

Posted by The Whomping Willow on January 31, 2009, 06:44 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

this was just such a fantastic article. go emma!!!!!! she is such a perfect role model i am just so proud of her. and think about it? how many kids would be let down if they found out hermione (cuz thats what most ppl think of her is) is in jail for DUI or drugs or whatever. or any of the cast for that matter. im so proud that theyre stayed on track so far

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on January 31, 2009, 06:50 PM report to moderator
Avatar_29_thumb

Love the pictures- what a beautiful girl and so down to earth. Fame has not gotten to her head like other celebrities. What ever film she does next, i’m seeing it!

Posted by Sophiespell on January 31, 2009, 06:52 PM report to moderator
Witch_hat_thumb

Smart, grounded, fashionable and sometimes even brunette! Great actress, that Emma. I saw Despereaux, it was cute and Emma did a nice job on the voice of the princess.

Posted by *H*ROAR Mudblood Proud on January 31, 2009, 06:57 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

GREAT interview and the pix are absolutely stunning!!!

Emma is a lovely young woman who knows who she is and seems to have a very sensible view of life. On top of that, the girl has some SERIOUS brains! She impresses me more and more every day. GO EMMA!!!!!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on January 31, 2009, 07:03 PM report to moderator
Lunasane_thumb

She is such a beautiful young woman and so full of class.

Posted by wendybird3 on January 31, 2009, 07:18 PM report to moderator
Slymate_thumb

Awesome pictures, the one with the hat was… dashing.
Great interview

Posted by Whitzard [FTC!] on January 31, 2009, 07:44 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

My daughter wants her to come to Penn for college :D

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on January 31, 2009, 07:48 PM report to moderator