Chronicles of Narnia Book Club Opens in Leaky Lounge

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Edward
January 31, 2009, 09:01 PM

The doors of our Non-Harry Potter Book Club have opened once again today for the reading of three novels from the The Chronicles of Narnia series by author C. S. Lewis.  This time around, focus in Jo's Book Nook turns to The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair, and The Last Battle books.  Join in now to take part in discussions of the series, its heros, and an abundance of other topics related to the books.  Open to all members, Jo's Book Nook is an all inclusive stop for all Lounge members who wish to take part in readings.

Be sure to also vote in this poll to help decide which book will be featured next month in our Non-Harry Potter Book Club.

Stop by Jo's Book Nook today and enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

cool! I love Narnia!

Posted by albeitgruggish on January 31, 2009, 09:14 PM report to moderator
Leakyav2_thumb

I might have to join in a bit with this one- I love the Chronicles of Narnia!

Posted by The Whomping Willow on January 31, 2009, 09:52 PM report to moderator

oO!!! I just watched that movie! Twas very strange. Maybe the books better???? Anyone?

Posted by KaraDawlish on January 31, 2009, 09:57 PM report to moderator
Imgp6719_thumb

I definitely have only seen the movies. Though, I have tried reading the books several time. I just can’t do it. But, I do enjoy the movies a lot, and every time I watch them I want to read the books but I just can’t.

Posted by Lauren on January 31, 2009, 09:59 PM report to moderator
Herbert_thumb

Somehow I got through school without ever reading Narnia. I read The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe over Christmas, but I haven’t started up with Prince Caspian yet. This could be an interesting group for me!

Posted by Dr. LEW on January 31, 2009, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Mefleming_thumb

I was so happy to hear that Fox picked up the Dawn Treader movie after Disney decided to drop it. I hope they do a good job on it!

Posted by NDduLac [Dodo] on January 31, 2009, 11:11 PM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

The books are better, but then i book purist when it comes to the CoN. I am so glad it looks like they are going to make the third book into a film.

They are actually pretty short books. I am rereading them right now.

Posted by decarus on January 31, 2009, 11:13 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

I’m reading them with my daughter. After 2 years of Hermione at Halloween it looks like it’ll be Lucy.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on January 31, 2009, 11:23 PM report to moderator
Back_off__thumb

Wowow cool I’m watching the movie right now! I cant WAIT for Dawn Treader. The book is amazing, and there’s a lot of Edmund in it! I LOVE Ed!!!

Posted by JohnneyCoolguy on February 01, 2009, 01:37 AM report to moderator

i love that you stay in the same type of books as harry! I love narnia, tlotr, eragon.. nothing like twillight, lol

Posted by Veela Latina [FTC!] on February 01, 2009, 03:10 AM report to moderator
N48913080_45953965_1570820_thumb

to bad there not starting off with The Magicians Nephew cause im just starting off the series

Posted by Chad on February 01, 2009, 04:53 AM report to moderator
Paper_towns__thumb

I haven’t read these books since I was little. I can’t really remember what happens.

Posted by LunaLovesPudding on February 01, 2009, 07:32 AM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

I haven’t even read all of those books, yet. I’ve read the first three so far.

Posted by McGiggles92 on February 01, 2009, 07:43 AM report to moderator
The_leaky_cauldron_thumb

YAAY NARNIA!

Posted by JustZoe »ROAR« on February 01, 2009, 10:59 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

looks like Wuthering Heights is topping the poll for next month, wish it was Catcher in the Rye haven’t read that book in years

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 01, 2009, 11:07 AM report to moderator

He caught sight of himself in the mirror over the basin... He raised his hand automatically and tried to make his hair lie flat.[br]"You're fighting a losing battle there, dear," said his mirror in a wheezy voice.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014