Updates on Rupert Grint's "Cherrybomb"

Grint
January 28, 2009, 02:12 PM

A few updates today, regarding Cherrybomb, the new film starring actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley).

First, thanks to our Order partner RupertGrint.net we know the film will be screening at the Jameson Dublin Film Festival in Ireland on February 20. While no confirmation yet if Rupert is among the cast scheduled to attend  (filming is due to be underway at that time in London for Deathly Hallows), tickets are now available, additional information can be found via this link.

Second, in the first of what is sure to be a slew of press interviews for the upcoming debut of Cherrybomb at the Berlin Film Festival next month in Germany on the 8th, the staff at ICM let us know they have now posted an interview with Rupert, where he discusses a whole host of topics: his character in Cherrybomb ("Yeah, I do like Malachy...I saw quite a few similarities in him in-so he was fun to play.") on his look in the new film ( "It took a while to get used to the quiff, and my dyed eyebrows and eyelashes") and on some of the mature scenes in the film ("It's the most adult thing I've done and there are some risky things going on-the drug taking and there's a bit of romance-so yeah, it's different; it's good, it's cool.")

Rupert also speaks briefly about the differences creating a small film like Cherrybomb, and working on a large production like the Harry Potter films. Quotage “I really enjoy it because it’s a totally different world; everything is so much smaller,” he notes. “I think we get a bit spoiled on Harry Potter because we have fancy dressing rooms and all. But there is actually a lot more waiting around (on Harry Potter) so I prefer the pace of films like Cherrybomb. On this you do like seven scenes a day and they’re really quick days and it’s exciting-it's good fun!"

Thanks to RupertGrint.net and to Ivanna!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

Rose

I cant wait to see this film. It sounds like a film I would find on IFC and would find it interesting with the story line, Hot Co-Stars, Sex, Violence and what maybe a pretty sweet soundtrack. At first I wasn’t feeling the hair but its grown on me.(ish) He looks so diffrent. Somewhere between the age he really is and like a gangster-teenager. Oh well, I don’t know.

With his shirt off or if he is naked…I’m not going to be looking at his hair anyways…

cough

Hey People! Lets not do this. I love Dan and Rupert and they are two diffrent people, In the way they act and how they give interviews. They are both lovely. This post is not about Dan,Emma, Edward Cullen or anyone else. Its about Rupert. Don’t bash anyone.

Posted by Rose on January 29, 2009, 05:20 AM report to moderator
Millas

Hah, Ruperts gonna rock our socks off! Take That Hataz!

Posted by Millas on January 29, 2009, 06:08 AM report to moderator
blackcatwitch

I’m so happy and proud to be a Rupert-fan.
It’ll intresting to follow this talented young man.

Posted by blackcatwitch on January 29, 2009, 06:19 AM report to moderator
Sandra

I love Rupert Grint !!!! He is so hot!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Sandra on January 29, 2009, 08:24 AM report to moderator
Noah

I like his hair in that picture. XD

Posted by Noah on January 29, 2009, 10:08 AM report to moderator
rupertfan

I love that all the fugly rupert haters aren’t commenting here. Rupert is gonna own the BFF.

Posted by rupertfan on January 29, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator
Tucker

I’m sorry but I’m just not digging that hairsyle.

Posted by Tucker on January 29, 2009, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Quotidias

Rupert’s a bit more forthcoming in this than usual, which is nice, although I find his lack of interview skills kind of charming. I just have this feeling that he doesn’t really like to talk about himself, and prefers to let his acting speak for itself.

Based on what everyone involved in this film has said, Rupert’s going to be fantastic, and I can’t wait to see this in the theater!

Posted by Quotidias on January 29, 2009, 07:39 PM report to moderator
Erika

yes rupert is a fantastic actor and if i can see this movie i will!! but u are all missing the fact that his hair is SWEET im in love with it. its cute. sorry i adore rupert and think that he should get compliments on how he looks btw he looks adorable and the hair just helps cuz its so frekin amazing sorry again :) love you rupert

Posted by Erika on January 29, 2009, 10:03 PM report to moderator
blackcatwitch

ARGGh!!!, Do not use my screen name if you are going to write anything thats an insult to Rupert!!!
Get a life!!!

Posted by blackcatwitch on January 30, 2009, 07:39 AM report to moderator
0009fhka_thumb

Rupert’s the best actor of the trio, I think. Even though the screen writer (is that the word?) seems to really, really hate Ron.

Posted by Shalott on January 31, 2009, 04:12 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Rupert is rockin’ the ’do

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on January 31, 2009, 10:28 AM report to moderator
Peeps_thumb

I don’t think I would be able to watch this after seeing him in Potter all these years, it would just be too different. Well, they arent children anymore, are they.

Posted by iWeasley on January 31, 2009, 02:18 PM report to moderator
3239462_thumb

i can’t wait to goooo! ehehe i really wanna see that film, i hope i’ll be able to get some tickets :D

Posted by cherrybomb *ROAR* on February 01, 2009, 03:55 PM report to moderator
300567_2361507881487_1364030000_2759311_7753059_n_thumb

I really want to see this movie!! I haven’t seen rupert grint in anything other than a harry potter film, so this should be interesting. i know he’ll be amazing :)

Posted by kimberly on February 02, 2009, 03:03 AM report to moderator

Neighborhood children all around were terrified of him -- even more terrified than they were of "that Potter boy," who, they had been warned, was a hardened hooligan who attended St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal Boys.