Report: Stuntman for Dan Radcliffe Injured on Set of "Deathly Hallows"

DH Film
January 28, 2009, 07:57 PM

UK tabloid The Mirror is reporting tonight that a stuntman "who doubles for Harry star Daniel Radcliffe," was injured as part of prep work for filming on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The paper says that the accident with the stuntman happened while "rehearsing a flying sequence using a harness when he was sent plummeting by the blast, which was part of the stunt. He was conscious after smashing to the ground but told horrified colleagues: “I can’t feel my legs.”

The paper continues:

A source said: “The stunt double was badly hurt. He was rehearsing a flying scene which involved an explosion and it seems to have gone badly wrong. The guy was rigged up to a harness for the scene and was flying through the air.It is thought he may have been caught by the explosion and hit the ground very hard."

UPDATE: The UK Press Association now has more on this incident, with their article stating an "East of England Ambulance Service spokesman confirmed a man in his 20s had been injured on set.

He said: "Paramedics were called to Leavesden Studios after a man in his 20s sustained a significant back injury. He was stabilised at the scene and taken to Watford General Hospital." Watford General Hospital refused to comment on the man's condition, but said he had been transferred to another hospital.

The Mirror does contain a quote for a rep from Leavesden studios as follows: “We can confirm a member of the Harry Potter production was injured in an accident. We are awaiting further news.Out of respect for the family we are unable to comment further.”

TLC is working to obtain additional information on this matter, and will update when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Marauder

I agree with everything eiVega wrote.
Poor man, I hope he’ll ricover soon.

Posted by Marauder on January 29, 2009, 01:22 PM report to moderator
John

This is terrible! I can only image what it would be like to fall from such a height (I assume that they were practising/preparing for The Seven Potters, if he was flying through the air on a harness).

Not to mention not feeling your legs, just from filming a scene in a movie. He’s in his twenties, and this could ruin his life! Please recover quickly. The Harry Potter movies are great, but they’re not worth somebody losing their ability to WALK over! Some people would probably break people’s legs if they could see the movie sooner. That’s the problem with fandoms, people get too obsessed soemtimes. :(

My thoughts and prayers go to him and his family.

Posted by John on January 29, 2009, 01:38 PM report to moderator
Suzy

omg

i hope he’s ok
:’( poor guy

Posted by Suzy on January 29, 2009, 02:04 PM report to moderator
Christie

I hope he gets better soon! And he wasn’t too badly hurt x

Posted by Christie on January 29, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Suzy

i know i wrote a minute ago but i just feel really sorry for this guy and his family
i hope he recovers quick

all my hopes are for him

Posted by Suzy on January 29, 2009, 02:13 PM report to moderator
michele

I really hope and pray this young man is going to be ok. I will pray for his recovery and for his loved ones who are dealing with this right now.

For those of you who make the comments about which scene they were working on or delaying the movie you are just sick. What are you 5 or something? A young man was injured very badly from what it sounds like. Who cares right now what scene they were prepping for or if this delays the production in anyway; this is a man’s life you are so callously disrespecting.

Posted by michele on January 29, 2009, 02:26 PM report to moderator
Harry26

Poor guy …
I hope he’ll be all right soon. Even if his job is stuntman, it doesn’t mean that this accident doesn’t matter. It’s a man like everyone else …

Posted by Harry26 on January 29, 2009, 02:30 PM report to moderator
Nick

Get well soon stunt man whose name I do not know! I really hope it is not serious, and that you can be back to work and normal life soon! This is very sad and he must be feeling really depressed now, like when people who play sports break a bone and can’t play for a while. I bet he is going to need some recovery and he must be anxiously waiting to get back to work and out of the hospital. I’m hoping it’s a veryquick recovery and that he will be fine. Best wishes from the US!

Posted by Nick on January 29, 2009, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Lorelai

The 101th person to comment! Cool.

hope he ok. :(

Posted by Lorelai on January 29, 2009, 02:53 PM report to moderator
DmitriyUkr

Really people it is a pity ((It is necessary to Garik to do tricks)

Posted by DmitriyUkr on January 29, 2009, 02:54 PM report to moderator
mugglemom4

I hope we hear some news soon. The thought of the poor guy not being able to walk again makes me ill. Hopefully it isn’t permanent and he will heal and make a full recovery, but from what little I know about back and spine injuries, it won’t be a quick recovery.

Posted by mugglemom4 on January 29, 2009, 03:38 PM report to moderator
patrick

oh my god 7 potters!

Posted by patrick on January 29, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator
Picazo

Daammm Ithat crazy. I really hope everything goes well..

Posted by Picazo on January 29, 2009, 03:44 PM report to moderator
izziewitch

how awful for that young man, and his family. I wonder if he’s the same stunt double we saw in the 2nd DVD disc of Goblet of Fire when he was telling Dan about coming down the roof at Hogwarts (dragon scene). He seemed so charming and likeable.

Posted by izziewitch on January 29, 2009, 04:26 PM report to moderator
kay

oh no! i hope he’s ok! it made me happy-ish that leavesden has so much respect for his family. thats good.

Posted by kay on January 29, 2009, 04:48 PM report to moderator

"Well, I always thought [Corner] was a bit of an idiot," he said... "Good for you. Just choose someone -- better -- next time."[br]He cast Harry an oddly furtive look as he said it.[br]"Well, I've chosen Dean Thomas, would you say he's better?" asked Ginn