New "Half-Blood Prince" Trailer from Japan Now Online

HBP Film
January 23, 2009, 09:36 AM

Check it out! The new trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince which is being aired in Japan, is now online here via YouTube. Enjoy!

UPDATE: Thanks to our hardworking crew, we now have the screencaps here in our image galleries!

Please note: This video contains Japanese subtitles and announcer, but you can also distinctly hear new dialogue in English from Dumbledore, Hermione and especially Snape as he sneers "How grand it must be to be the chosen one."

Thanks so much to Portkey.it for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

decarus

I don’t understand why once the trailer has made it onto youtube they don’t just release it for real. I want to see it in high res without the Japanese writing and voice.

I think i liked this one more then the others because it was a lot more new shots and lines rather then a bunch of repetition. It was also about the memories which, i think, are the most intriguing thing about HBP.

Posted by decarus on January 23, 2009, 08:18 PM report to moderator
Erin

Loved it, loved it, loved it. Anything new is always a nice surprise! July is too far away. The days are dragging!!

Posted by Erin on January 23, 2009, 08:18 PM report to moderator
YodatheHobbit

Things take time. A person can’t just release the trailer because they feel like it. They have these things on a release schedule. Paperwork is required.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on January 23, 2009, 08:58 PM report to moderator
liyixinhua

I can’t get to the youtube but i have seen the screencaps.
I’m so surprised that i can understand some subtitles, like the word “memory, cheers, latest” and the two sentences in the corner, because they’re very similar to Chinese. The yellow one means it could first be seen to the world.(My English is not good enough to translate them well.)
I really want to see the video version because it must be much more fantastic!

Posted by liyixinhua on January 23, 2009, 09:01 PM report to moderator
luciusgal

It looks like Bellatrix is at Hagrids Hut. I kept hearing it was at the burrow. Am I seeing it wrong? LOVED IT!!!

Posted by luciusgal on January 23, 2009, 09:19 PM report to moderator
decarus

It is hagrid’s hut. I thought it was the burrow too at first but if you look at the picture where snape is turning around you can see bellatrix to the left of the hut. It is very faint but you can see her standing there.

Posted by decarus on January 23, 2009, 09:27 PM report to moderator
Luce

Is it jsut me or does this make the movie seem really really different from the books? It’s wierd becuase it seemed at first to be the closet…but i dunno anymore

some of the dumbledore dialogue was wierd..the vomit thing…

Posted by Luce on January 23, 2009, 09:41 PM report to moderator
Christine

I want this in high high high quality. :) That would be effing amazing.

WB – SEND US LINKS ALREADY!!

Posted by Christine on January 23, 2009, 09:49 PM report to moderator
decarus

I think the lack of battle at the end is the biggest loss for me. I don’t agree with the premise that it would somehow ruin the battle of hogwarts at the end of DH Part 2. I mean the battle in this film is just the five who went to the ministry with harry and then the main order members against a small group of death eaters. It is more of a skirmish especially compared to the battle of hogwarts.

The battle of hogwarts in DH Part 2 is like every character good and bad and their family. There is so much going on with harry and people dying and going to voldemort. There is also an entire film in between HBP and DH Part 2 so it won’t feel in anyway like the same ending.

Regardless, i will still like HBP as i have liked all the films. I just sort of miss the idea of allowing neville, luna, ginny, ron, and hermione to have some dueling scenes.

Posted by decarus on January 23, 2009, 10:09 PM report to moderator
Random Person

Bellatrix looked like she was doing some evil dance. :P It was so freaking amazing!!!!! I love Dumbledore’s line about most people vomiting!!!!!!! This just makes me want July to come faster. Grrrrrr. . . . .

Posted by Random Person on January 23, 2009, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Jeanne

Snape-“How grand it must be to be the Chosen One.”

Well, yeah!

Posted by Jeanne on January 23, 2009, 10:19 PM report to moderator
Bowtruckle

Oh love it!
Snape’s line – awesome, oh I just can’t wait for July

Posted by Bowtruckle on January 23, 2009, 10:57 PM report to moderator
allie

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

Posted by allie on January 23, 2009, 11:27 PM report to moderator
Paulo

I REFUSE TO WATCH ANY MORE CLIPS!!!!

I shall not be tempted. I shall not be tempted.

Posted by Paulo on January 24, 2009, 12:00 AM report to moderator
Pottershrink

“How grand it must be to be the chosen one…”

Ha, Ha! I LOVE Snape!
(And I HATE him, the foul git!!)

Posted by Pottershrink on January 24, 2009, 12:38 AM report to moderator

Malfoy started taking pictures with an imaginary camera and did a cruel but accurate impression of Colin: "'Potter, can I have your picture, Potter? Can I have your autograph? Can I lick your shoes, please, Potter?'"