New "Half-Blood Prince" Trailer from Japan Now Online

HBP Film
January 23, 2009, 09:36 AM

Check it out! The new trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince which is being aired in Japan, is now online here via YouTube. Enjoy!

UPDATE: Thanks to our hardworking crew, we now have the screencaps here in our image galleries!

Please note: This video contains Japanese subtitles and announcer, but you can also distinctly hear new dialogue in English from Dumbledore, Hermione and especially Snape as he sneers "How grand it must be to be the chosen one."

Thanks so much to Portkey.it for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

eiVega

YAY! It was great to see EVEN MORE of the story unfolding…so exciting! I LOVED seeing Snape and the way he delivered that line! Also…sorry, but I actually liked seeing it with all the Japanese stuff…it made it more amusing! SOOOO GOOD!

Posted by eiVega on January 23, 2009, 03:30 PM report to moderator
rotfang

thanks decarus! i was running through every scene from the book in my head and couldn’t quite make any match up, I forgot how they had changed it from Tonks to Luna as Harry’s rescuer!

Posted by rotfang on January 23, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator
Blondi1969

Tried to go to the Youtube link, but it said the video was no longer available. Crap!

Posted by Blondi1969 on January 23, 2009, 03:44 PM report to moderator
liv

OMG that was brilliant!!!! Except I want the movie sooooooo bad right now!!!!! How will I be able to wait another 6 months??!!!!??

Posted by liv on January 23, 2009, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Sorcererke

@ Blondi1969: try to refresh the page XD.

Posted by Sorcererke on January 23, 2009, 04:03 PM report to moderator
egm

oh my gosh. oh my gosh. oh my gosh! that is all I can say. OH MY GOSH!

Posted by egm on January 23, 2009, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Mary Alice

I loved Draco there, he didn’t even say any words and yet I felt that he was afraid. So I gave something I liked, now for the negative. Most of the trailer was too fast paced for my eyes and I could barely make out the picture before it flashed to something else. I love Jim Broadbent and the one time they showed him for more than a second the Japanese announcer was talking over him. I was trying to pay attention to Slughorn but it was difficult. In short I didn’t enjoy the trailer, it was too fast and, it felt like a lot of work having to pay attention, and on top of that the guy was yelling.
But I strongly feel I will adore this movie. I worked and paused and listened over (to the detriment of my frazzled nerves) to figure out what was going on and I picked out lots of cool stuff. I know the whole movie will have slow parts as well as the fast parts, and there won’t be an announcer, so I think I could still like the movie.

Posted by Mary Alice on January 23, 2009, 05:01 PM report to moderator
jen-en-en-a!!!

haha, most people vomit!!!! OMG can not waitttttt

Posted by jen-en-en-a!!! on January 23, 2009, 05:40 PM report to moderator
The Hollow

It appears that the Japanese “Trailer” is similiar to those “sneak peaks” that ABC Family does during Harry Potter weekends. I say that because the credits for POA were rolling as the “trailer” was showing, so it appears that there was some sort of Harry Potter event showing that prompted their sneak peak. Perhaps ABC Family will decide to have another Harry Potter weekend, and then we’ll see a better look at this new “trailer.” Aside from that, I don’t think we’ll see this one in the theaters.

Posted by The Hollow on January 23, 2009, 05:50 PM report to moderator
teddy bear

Loved all of it. I really loved the part were I saw Hermione crying. The funniest part is where Bellatrix is jumping up and down when she sets Hagrids hut on fire. But I thought Hagrids hut was suppose to be on fire in the last movie. The Deathly Hallows.

Posted by teddy bear on January 23, 2009, 06:05 PM report to moderator
saarah

“well, that was fun” lmao , ah-mazing trailer!!

Posted by saarah on January 23, 2009, 06:17 PM report to moderator
mollywobbles23

Tbh, I didn’t really like the trailer. Maybe it’s better without all the crazy text around it and the random Japanese announcer.

I say this as someone who spent all day yesterday watching a Japanese drama, so I’m used to the crazy text and the Japanese language. It just ruined the mood completely. shrug

Posted by mollywobbles23 on January 23, 2009, 07:22 PM report to moderator
stacey

WHOA i watched that many times and i felt like im having a dream but im not! I loved draco is afraid and he did not say a word and where is moaning myrtle? and draco is in it many times, ive notice.

Posted by stacey on January 23, 2009, 07:31 PM report to moderator
John

Did anybody else find Snape REALLY spooky in that two-second clip? The way his robes swayed, and just how commanding he looked in the scene made him look really majestic. But isn’t that the point? This is the scene where Snape comes to help Dumbledore – and then betrays him. He is SUPPOSED to look like Dumbledore’s last hope, and the “shhh” makes it so much more tragic when he kills him.

Until Deathly Hallows Part Two comes along… ;D

Posted by John on January 23, 2009, 07:31 PM report to moderator
mr. sprout

crap! its off line now!

Posted by mr. sprout on January 23, 2009, 08:07 PM report to moderator

"I merely thought," said Snape, in a voice of forced calm, "that if Potter was wandering around after hours again... it's an unfortunate habit of his... he should be stopped. For -- for his own safety."[br]"Ah, I see," said Moody softly. "Got Potter's bes

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014