New "Half-Blood Prince" Trailer from Japan Now Online

HBP Film
January 23, 2009, 09:36 AM

Check it out! The new trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince which is being aired in Japan, is now online here via YouTube. Enjoy!

UPDATE: Thanks to our hardworking crew, we now have the screencaps here in our image galleries!

Please note: This video contains Japanese subtitles and announcer, but you can also distinctly hear new dialogue in English from Dumbledore, Hermione and especially Snape as he sneers "How grand it must be to be the chosen one."

Thanks so much to Portkey.it for the heads up!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

twiwizardjedi

I love Arthur’s line about what dark times do to friendships, and even better, I think he’s delivering it from his shed of “Muggle” things he’s investigating. Wonderful!

Posted by twiwizardjedi on January 23, 2009, 11:54 AM report to moderator
radcakesfan

Loved it! Dan looked so cute in the beginning (well, throughout lol) . I love that this trailer seemed to concentrate on the actual storyline/plot of the book and not the romances. The director of Batman apparently made every scene/line of the movie relevent in 3 ways or something so there were no stupid or useless lines that meant nothing. It’s probably why it did so well as a movie. Hopefully Yates did something similar, or will be doing that for the rest.

Posted by radcakesfan on January 23, 2009, 12:00 PM report to moderator
AJWC1

I loved Dumbledore’s subtleness. Yay, Draco.

I loved the intensity…

Ron was pumped!!!! And FINE!!!

Bring on the movie…..

Posted by AJWC1 on January 23, 2009, 12:10 PM report to moderator
brkkt77

Loved the vomit comment! Expelli-breakfast!

Posted by brkkt77 on January 23, 2009, 12:11 PM report to moderator
Annie

Hope that they bring that trailer over to the states!

Posted by Annie on January 23, 2009, 12:12 PM report to moderator
Sofia

Please, can anyone write Hermione´s line to me? I´m not a English native and didn’t get it.

Posted by Sofia on January 23, 2009, 12:17 PM report to moderator
hambro

I loved the dialogue too, and Arthurs “dark times does weird things to people” are somethign like that! Interesting and creepy. The Astronomu tower set looks epic and the cave looks epic and is that the train in that landscape with the castle next to it, what’s that weird blob next to the train? Anyway, I loved Emma’s acting in the trailer, dumbledores lines were really good and delivered well, the lighting seems really cool.

Posted by hambro on January 23, 2009, 12:18 PM report to moderator
AJWC1

I forgot Snape!!! How could I forget SNAPE!!!!

Posted by AJWC1 on January 23, 2009, 12:33 PM report to moderator
Anna

Yeah, Sofia, I wanna know it too, I´m brazilian! It´s something about dark secrets but I dunno the whole thing! Anyone?

Posted by Anna on January 23, 2009, 12:41 PM report to moderator
Madeline

So much new dialogue!! I loved it!! Although I thought it was weird that there were, like, two shots of Ron in the whole thing….

Posted by Madeline on January 23, 2009, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Hermionegirl

Gambon delivered his line perfectly! “That was fun! Most people vomit the first time.” LOL. And that was the closet Harry/Ginny kiss we’ve seen. :) And everything else looked amazing.
I’m so excited!

Posted by Hermionegirl on January 23, 2009, 12:52 PM report to moderator
hericus

YAY atlast thankyou leaky =]

Posted by hericus on January 23, 2009, 12:53 PM report to moderator
KennedyJames

So….much….new…..footage
*dies

OOOH SNAPEY-KINS
It looks so effin’ awesomeeeeeeeeee
I cna’t wait for Julyyyy *pout

Posted by KennedyJames on January 23, 2009, 01:04 PM report to moderator
Sindie

Where can I download this???

Posted by Sindie on January 23, 2009, 01:18 PM report to moderator
Luke Debien`

Hermione says to harry something like this…did u honestly expect that you could just ask him to reveal his deepest and darkest secret?
Em portugues……lol
“honestamente, vc realmente pensou que voce poderia simplismente pedir a ele para revelar o segredo mais obscuro dele?”

Posted by Luke Debien` on January 23, 2009, 01:33 PM report to moderator

"Hagrid!" Hermione shouted, pounding on his front door. "Hagrid, that's enough! We know you're in there! Nobody cares if your mum was a giantess, Hagrid! You can't let that foul Skeeter woman do this to you! Hagrid, get out here, you're just being --"